Hay & Forage Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Been instilled in me by my parents. (unfortunately it hasn't worked on my kids). Dad always said make of yourself what you can before you are 40, as it gets harder after that. Well, here I am 10+ years past that date and still making what I want out of life.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
most of eastern wall purlins done yesterday. Finished off this morning replacing the bent one under the existing iron.
Sky Cloud Tire Wheel Vehicle

Then started sheeting.
Sky Plant Building Wood Land lot

Thoroughly disgusted with the woman at the steel company who mucked up my order quite a bit. Today's effort was when I asked for enough sheets to fill in the 6 meter gap, she sent me 6 sheets.....consequently I'm 2 short....That said, I persevered and got the rest of the wall done.
Sky Wood Cloud Land lot Grass
Sky Cloud Plant Land lot Landscape
I think my guess as to the colour was fairly close (bit under ladder is new sheets too, where a water tank had exploded on a previous owner and damaged the wall). Flashing on roof edges to go in morning , then onto filling floor with sand and screeding it to level.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Moved onto fixing sliding doors today. One was busted and stuck under the flashing. Both doors only open against each other currently. amazing, despite it being a 40ft clear span, there is only ever a 20ft opening. Intention has been to separate the tracking and butt them together giving me a full 40ft. Both door frames were far worse than I imagined. So I'll have to make w new ones. Whilst pulling down the 8 in purlin that carries the tracking I decided it might be a once in a lifetime chance to "fix" the clearspan truss that some Muppet bent the living christ out of at some point pre us buying farm .Once again a little job has escalated substantially. But , I couldn't forgive myself if I let this chance slip, inspire if how much extra work it's creating.
Property Wood Architecture Plant Floor
Plant Wood Road surface Sky Shade
Water Shade Plant Wood Sky
Composite material Wood Fixture Tints and shades Beam

·
1,779 Posts
Nice job!

81 - 98 of 98 Posts