Hay & Forage Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
That little spot was about 2 acres and it made 252 bales. I wish the whole farm was that good some of it had to many stick weeds to bale and some of it lays to rough and I will have to bush hog. Out of the 20 acres I did bale it made right at 2000 36" bricks that only weigh about 25 pounds each. Glad I sell it by the bale not pound.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Small mercies and all that anyway.Dodged big storms Sunday night which would have seen the whole 140ac ruined. Then yesterday morning it spat for 5 hrs that kept things damp till midday. Could easily have dumped more, meaning 100ac ruined. So, considering the wet summer we have had, this is the first bit to get wet.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
You appear to have a very nice farm. The business we are in is going to get rained on sometimes. I lost 20 acres to rain last year. It is tough when that happens.
Thanks for the compliment ☺ It certainly has been a lifetime of hard work. It's a curse for both my old man and myself that every waking moment goes to improving the farms. Very little idle hands here..

21 - 40 of 55 Posts