Hay & Forage Forum banner
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
An ounce of doing is worth a pound of talk
1,158 Posts
Finally started cutting our first cutting. I plugged up the header three times. Started cutting at four MPR, plugged, slowed to three MPR, plugged, slowed to two MPR and had not problems. It only plugged up on the right side, maybe the conditioner is set to tight on the right side. I should have had it cut two weeks ago, but oh well, that is the way the cookie crumbles.
KIMG0735.JPG

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not many folks have cut hay yet in NW Florida; was real dry through the first of June but has been solid rain since. Will be laying down our perennial peanut as soon as weather window appears. It's about 10" tall in this photo from last weekend; probably be 12"-14" when we cut it. Will make some top quality weed free hay if we can get it put up.

pic2.jpg
pic1.jpg

·
Registered
524 Posts
We finished up the acres that we cut for second cutting this week. About like first cutting in that it was about 50-60% of normal. But better than it could have been with no more rain than we’ve had. One thing for sure though, it dried much easier than last year when I can’t remember cutting a single second or third cut field that wasn’t mud beneath.

Attachments

·
1,389 Posts
I did 220 bales of Rowen this afternoon! My wagons didn't look near that neat! But then I haven't perfected bale placement with the belt thrower! :rolleyes:;)

• Haha
Reactions: RockyHill
121 - 135 of 135 Posts