Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
I could. As they were planted by a previous owner. But it's only a bit over a 5 ac paddock and also has 2 power poles. A end stay cable and an electrical switch box.( all of which DO need moving). Plan is lucerne under one of the 60ac pivots and pokey little paddocks like this to be sown to grass for grazing heifers over winter. And a few paddock trees are always good for stock shade and shelter.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
My mistake diddle I did not realize your was going to put stock in it. A pasture without shade in my book is not a good thing.

·
Registered
419 Posts
This is not a stunt, I actually did this Christmas afternoon, although it didn't make much it is the difference between running out of hay and squeaking by and it will be razor thin at best. I pray everyday for warm temps and no snow and ice. There is no hay to be had around here, after one of the wettest years on record the rain shut off in mid May and turned hot and we saw very little rain until mid November. There was no fall grass at all. I had to start feeding hay at the end of August which put me in this predicament in the first place.

Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Tire Wheel Sky Automotive tire Vehicle

Sky Cloud Tree Natural landscape Grass Plant Natural landscape Grass Agriculture Grassland

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How Diddle sees things I think. :cool: Had to rotate so I could get the crick out of my neck trying to see the details (and if you are really cutting straight or not). :lol: :D

Larry
Straight lines are over rated.....I prefer "adaptive lines"( I actually use the coverage mapping lines on the top con when cutting with the massey).

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My mistake diddle I did not realize your was going to put stock in it. A pasture without shade in my book is not a good thing.
It has a row of planted trees on the western edge. No fence as yet :rolleyes: ol mate that had it before us , had it land formed but failed to bother refencing it, putting in drainage and a water trough. Those 3 trees were on the old fence line as originally it was a couple of stupid little horse paddocks.

I've put the drainage in now ( expensive job ...but absolutely necessary with flood irrigation). Fencing and stock troughs to come later.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
This had been talked about before but I just watched a guy leave TSC with at least 20 bales of this. I about died. I wanted to bring him to the house and give him a round bale of alfalfa.
But would your bales be compressed and wrapped in pretty green plastic, so he would get any chaff on his clothes or 4-wheel drive grocery hauler? :lol: :D

Larry

·
Gourmet Horse Hay Producer
2,988 Posts
I seen a better one on Craigslist

Alfalfa leaf 1 Oz

$5

plus $3.25 shipping
Hey Cy, that's food grade for soups and stews!

Reactions: somedevildawg
1 - 20 of 162 Posts