Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 20 of 818 Posts

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nobody started this thread yet, so here is what I'm using this year to cut hay. It showed up recently, haven't take the time to even hookup to the tractor yet. But by the looks of what is on the ground around it I have a day or two, before I have to worry about getting that done it seems. :lol:

View media item 8318

Larry

·
Super Moderator
15,769 Posts
This new 2250 MF baler just rolled in. Hope it lasts a long time. Still got the old 4755 if someone is looking for a good used 3x3.
Nice looking machine Tom....I hope it is a problem free machine for you. That is one nice month late Christmas present!

Regards, Mike

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Nobody started this thread yet, so here is what I'm using this year to cut hay. It showed up recently, haven't take the time to even hookup to the tractor yet. But by the looks of what is on the ground around it I have a day or two, before I have to worry about getting that done it seems. :lol:

Larry
Looks good - what model is it?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well diddle, are you getting close to winding the season up?

Regards, Mike
Still got the other bigger paddock to cut in a couple of weeks. Then hope to get 2 more off of both....definitely get 1 more off of both.

That lot was 3 day hay...which happens rarely here. Despite our heat. Was over 45c yesterday.......

·
Registered
353 Posts
That kind of heat is deadly. No wonder you made 3 day hay.

Regards, Mike
Yeah yesterday was horrible. 40c the day before(day I baled the hay) 44c today..... Only got down to 28c overnight.... Bit of humidity last night and today... makes it a million times worse...will be strong winds again this afternoon....just like yesterday......think of sticking your head in a fan forced oven.....

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks good - what model is it?
NH 312,

Both newer models the NH 310 and NH 312 (10' 4'' & 11' 5" cut) were purchased (technology) from another manufacture a couple of years ago. IDR who, but they are presently made (at least mine was) by NH in New Holland, PA.

Larry

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Freezing rain Wed night, rain Thursday switching to snow, snow Friday, snow Saturday. 3 days of ice is starting to stress tree limbs. Finally lost power for half a day yesterday. Maybe Sunday and/or Monday the ice will melt. I don't think I have seen ice last more than a day.

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
Looks like the same crap I had up here. BEFORE the half-day blizzard showed up. Snowed furiously for several hours and added another 6" plus on top of that crap in your pics, IH 1586. We also have a bonus of slush and mud that's been under it all for a couple weeks, insulated from freezing by snow cover. I had to plow. It was a mess. Gosh I hate it here!

Only positive was we were lucky enough to not lose power.

1 - 20 of 818 Posts