Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a 450e twine baler an it only has 960 bales ran through it..when we talked to the saleman at Ag pro ...he said it was a dry hay baler and had everything that we needed ..im no stranger to equipment ..we wasnt looking for anything big...just feed a few head of horses an 15 cows...we hooked it up to our 6330 an i started ...the baler doesnt have the left an right size bale indicators..my wife was riding with me....first bale was perfect...second bale was a little lop sided....than i got it level again than a little lop sided...can someone help me before i blow a gasket...i would like to know if anyone else has had this problem or can a person have this installed....thanks for helping

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Welcome to HayTalk
I was unaware JD built a rd baler with ""no bale level indicators"" until now. JD 450E parts has monitor & bale shape sensors(see photo below). Don't you have a Bale Trac Pro monitor????
Operating a rd baler & creating level bales is a "learned art". Some brand with different options such as Mega-wide pickup are easier to operate & make level bales. Bale monitor with bale shape bars is easier to make level bale. Also size & shape windrow affects ease of rd baling.

What size/shape are the windrows you were baling??? It's been my observation that when baler operator looks back at rd baler they tend to turn steering wheel which affects levelness of bale. I have no doubt an experienced rd baler operator can create level rd bales with your 450E.

I sold/demonstrated/delivered the models of new JD 410/510 up through model 435/535. I've baled over 150,000 rd bales since beginning my custom baling operation in 1987.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was raking with a 256 New holland..8ft 6 wide..i was mowing with our 617 new holland disc mower which 9ft..but the grass i am mowing was fescue....2nd cutting...here in ohio..
I was kicking 3 windrows together..tryi g to get as wide as the pickup....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My neighbor brought his Rossi speed rake an didnt put the kicker wheel down an i started baling level all the way across the bale..which is sat on 59 inches to start tying

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
I was raking with a 256 New holland..8ft 6 wide..i was mowing with our 617 new holland disc mower which 9ft..but the grass i am mowing was fescue....2nd cutting...here in ohio..
I was kicking 3 windrows together..tryi g to get as wide as the pickup....
Just as you have discovered single side delivery rake & round balers are not very good companions if one desires to make a level bale. I normally rake three 9'3'' swaths with my H&S Hi-cap 14 wheel rake for my JD 467 rd baler

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John deere came out an ordered some stuff for it...said they would cover it...the mechanic said it should of been put on there but he said somebody forgot..parts would be in Tuesday an they will bring them an put it on

·
Registered
156 Posts
Good to know that this baler has the option for the level indicators. I’ve been eye balling one of these balers for a while maybe in a few years I’ll get one. Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We now have leveling sensors....after they sent the technician out an he got in the monitor an changed the setting...they started working....should makenit alot easier...thanks for helping tex jim....

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
You're welcome. I agree operating bale shape sensors should make baling round bales much easier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts