Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
3,247 Posts
That JD windrower was huge.....really big, nice cab. Another thing I saw that I'm not sure if it's new or if any other brands have it is on the Claas round balers the pickup gauge wheels swiveled......that is something I have always thought would be good to have on a baler. Stopped by the Krone booth and talked to the nicest young lady.....very friendly and knowledgeable about their products.....not to mention darn good looking. You don't see many like that in the equipment or ag business.

·
3,247 Posts
The trouble with going to the expo is you see too many other things you could use besides what you actually need.......6 rotor tedder, double rotary rake, center pivot mower conditioner......or better yet that JD windrower. Just a few that came to mind but I could keep going. Maybe I will get lucky and win that free Morton building I entered for.

·
70 Posts
I just took delivery of a new deere 6115m a couple of weeks ago and thought I had a big tractor until going to the expo. My new one seems like a riding mower after seeing all that equipment down there yesterday. Seeing 10 different cutters literally running side by side was incredible. I'm definitely going to make that trip a "must do" from now on

·
Super Moderator
15,819 Posts
I just took delivery of a new deere 6115m a couple of weeks ago and thought I had a big tractor until going to the expo. My new one seems like a riding mower after seeing all that equipment down there yesterday. Seeing 10 different cutters literally running side by side was incredible. I'm definitely going to make that trip a "must do" from now on
mx113, could you take anything from the cutter demonstration?.....with that many cutters going at once it might be hard to take in anything definitive.

Regards, Mike

·
1,345 Posts
Did the cotton picker make an "entrance"? Kinda looks like it. The Deere windrower proportions are out of wack. As tall as it is now it needs a 20' head to look right.

·
70 Posts
mx113, could you take anything from the cutter demonstration?.....with that many cutters going at once it might be hard to take in anything definitive.

Regards, Mike
Looking at the cut rows from each machine, I couldn't say one looked better or worse than the other. I was leaning towards the new kuhn flail machine before I went, and unless a bargain comes along on another machine before next spring, that is what I'll be going with. Some of the machines were ruled out on based simply on how flimsy they looked running out there. The deere, kuhn and krone were all good looking machines. I asked a couple of the reps about flail vs roller for my situation. Kuhn rep was very thorough and explained how there machine worked and was quite helpful. Krone rep simply said he was not the one to ask. Not sure why he was there at all really as he had no answers. I just believe the Kuhn will work best for my farm and have always has good luck with there disc mower, tedder and rake.

·
Hay Master
2,372 Posts
Did the cotton picker make an "entrance"? Kinda looks like it. The Deere windrower proportions are out of wack. As tall as it is now it needs a 20' head to look right.
We saw the big JD Cotton Picker last year at the Expo, it is so tall I'd be surprised if it would go under some utility lines around here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.