Alternative to deere 5' edge to edge wrap? - Page 2 - Machinery - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 2

Photo
- - - - -

Alternative to deere 5' edge to edge wrap?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 swmnhay

swmnhay

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 8677 posts
  • LocationReading,Mn

Posted 08 May 2021 - 08:58 AM

have you got a new roll? toss it on some scales. my curiosity has peaked.

one of the brands i didnt like was from a local supply company. i weighed it before opening, #55 lbs. made it real easy to handle but found out real fast it was a bad idea. i normally put 2.5 laps on for coastal. it popped as the gate was opening. 2 bales later wound up getting to 5 laps to hold it together. even then had to handle very gingerly. after 9 months outside the top of the bales are bare, no net. had to move to cows with pallet forks.

Besides being weak net it sounds like it had no UV protection adde to the plastic

#22 swmnhay

swmnhay

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 8677 posts
  • LocationReading,Mn

Posted 08 May 2021 - 09:16 AM

Your price is cheaper than what I paid at local JD dealer. I booked my netwrap in December 48''X13,200' edge to edge for $0.0234 per ft. I picked/paid for my netwrap order up last week. On subject of weight of rolls vs strength of fiber is addressed by Tama in photo below.

They should all be rated by breaking strength then there wouldn’t be a question.

• Tx Jim likes this

#23 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 4477 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 08 May 2021 - 02:15 PM

I agree on net manufacturers needing to publish breaking strength of strands.

#24 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 4477 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 08 May 2021 - 02:20 PM

interesting. what does a roll of the tama weigh?

I finally got someone to weight a roll of 48''X13,200' of Tama Edge to Edge & it weighed a little over 93#s on home scales

Attached Files

#25 Maxpower

Maxpower

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 09 May 2021 - 01:26 PM

I was curious so I decided to weight what I picked up the other day too. It does have the full Tama label and has a UV light sticker on it. It's 64" x 7000' and cost $200. I figured the best way to compare to  a 48" roll would be square footage.

Tx Jim's roll would be 52,800 square feet and mine would be 37,333 square feet and it weighed 64lbs. So that comes to 70% of the size and 69% of the weight, so it seems pretty comparable weight wise.

VFZYS6Z.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors