5 replies to this topic

#1 Jloven

Jloven

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBakersville, NC

Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:52 AM

Good morning,

I am in the process of selling my 2002 new idea 5209 and getting a new discbine. So far I have looked at the Kubota DMC8032T, NH 210, Vermeer MC3300, and MF 1373. I do not have pricing on the Vermeer, but the others are all in the 24-25k range. All dealers are within 50 miles.  My hay is mostly fescue. 
I like everything I see about the Kubota but I can’t find anyone who is running one and can comment on their experience. The MF is hard to get right now, have to order and would not arrive until summer.  Heard nothing but good about it however. 
anyone have any experience or thoughts with any of these discbines?  Thanks

#2 TJ Hendren

TJ Hendren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationN.E. Okla

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:38 AM

I have a Vermeer Disc Pro, the series before the MC, not much different except the styling. They are very heavy built, not too much maintenance a very good disc conditioner. If you have a dealer close by might take a look at Krone also.  

#3 slowzuki

slowzuki

• Members
  • 5635 posts
  • LocationNear Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:03 AM

There is a light kubota and a heavy kubota, tarrup/ kv heritage vs the vicon heritage I believe. Lot of owners don’t realize there is a difference when discussing prices or performance.

#4 Stxpecans123

Stxpecans123

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:37 PM

Lots of people around here were upset with poor cut quality of Kubota and rubber rolls. In thin hay or somthing like teff blow down is an issue. I think it's the 3 blade deal.

One of those people switched to a krone flail and really likes it. I myself like the idea of the massey with the steel rolls.
I own a caseIH rubber roll.

#5 ozarkian

ozarkian

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • LocationRogersville Southwest Missouri

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:37 AM

I can't speak for a MF Hesston 1373. However, I have a MF Hesston 1363 with steel rollers. 5 years old. It is made by Hesston. It is very well built and heavy duty. I have cut many types of grasses and silage hays with it. No problems so far. Keep it greased and blades changed on a regular basis. The steel rollers are louder than the rubber rollers. Conditions very well.

• Trillium Farm likes this

#6 VA Haymaker

VA Haymaker

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1439 posts
  • LocationCentral Western VA

Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:07 PM

IMHO if you are doing grass hay, you'd like a Krone with their impeller tine conditioner.  My next choice would be John Deere's moco's with impeller tines.

We run a Krone 2801cv - it cuts beautifully, 2 point hitch swivel gear head and does an excellent job conditioning the hay.

Good luck,

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors