Shout Box Workaround - Page 2 - Chit Chat/Intros - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 2

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Shout Box Workaround

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 stack em up

stack em up

They say you’re a man of vision....

• Members
  • 3053 posts
  • LocationWatonwan County MN

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:01 PM

But you're not taking into consideration the time saved utilizing net over twine so in same given time you could bale more bales with less fuel making even more $$$$$$$ not accounting for the depreciation deduction on income tax  :rolleyes:

I’ve said this before, the cheapest piece of machinery to run is the one you already own.

You would also have to add in the extra cost of net over twine then. And what does Mike charge himself for his time. There would be fuel savings, but minimal on a low number of bales.

I’m with Mike on this one, for $30,000 I can get off the tractor a lot of times to make up that money. In that case we can also add in his savings from not buying a gym membership. :P
  • Vol likes this

#22 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 4385 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:38 PM

I never stated or implied that Mike should spend anywhere close to $30,000 for a baler with netwrap. Besides time & fuel saved there is also less wear & tear on tractor & baler with net vs twine to the tune of around 25+%. I know I wouldn't want to return to baling with twine.

PLUS I was just kidding around!!

• Vol likes this

#23 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15648 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:10 PM

But you're not taking into consideration the time saved utilizing net over twine so in same given time you could bale more bales with less fuel making even more $$$$$$$ not accounting for the depreciation deduction on income tax  :rolleyes:

Excerpted from the 2nd paragraph of my reply above, "A new one would have a time saving advantage which I would like."

My depreciation allowances are about maxed out for a few more years.....but maybe someday soon! Maybe you will pass your well used baler on to me Jim and I can take in Coyote Flats when I come after it.  :) 

Regards, Mike

#24 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 4385 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:37 PM

New could imply "new to you a pre-owned" baler. Sorry I'm not ready to stop baling just yet but it's getting closer everyday!! :D 

Besides I can just imagine if I passed my ""well used rd baler"" to you & then my old baler broke down & you lost a hay crop the amount if stress you would be under!!!

I just wouldn't feel RIGHT.  :wub:

• Vol likes this

#25 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15648 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:58 PM

New could imply "new to you a pre-owned" baler. Sorry I'm not ready to stop baling just yet but it's getting closer everyday!! :D

Besides I can just imagine if I passed my ""well used rd baler"" to you & then my old baler broke down & you lost a hay crop the amount if stress you would be under!!!

I just wouldn't feel RIGHT.  :wub:

Nah....no worries. Anything that befalls me is one me. 

Regards, Mike

#26 HayMike

HayMike

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationWest of Akron Ohio

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:23 PM

Thanks @DSLinc1017 and @Vol.

#27 Shetland Sheepdog

Shetland Sheepdog

• Members
  • 1213 posts
  • LocationHollis, NH, USA

Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:21 AM

34 and sunny here in srn NH. Increasing clouds, with a high near 50, forecast for today.

#28 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15648 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:30 PM

I had to run the AC in my truck later this afternoon....yep, spring is at hand.....albeit about 2 weeks late. 

Regards, Mike

• carcajou likes this

#29 stack em up

stack em up

• Members
  • 3053 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:50 AM

I thought I heard a red winged blackbird yesterday. A little cool for them but definitely a sign spring is on the way! That and there was a road kill skunk yesterday, mating season for stinky kitties in this neck of the woods.

#30 stack em up

stack em up

• Members
  • 3053 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:53 AM

Happy belated birthday HayMike! I couldn’t find the shout box workaround earlier. I see admin is online again. A snowflake must be melting again....

#31 HayMike

HayMike

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationWest of Akron Ohio

Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:56 PM

Thanks, Stack.  Happy to smell that spring is on the way!

#32 Shetland Sheepdog

Shetland Sheepdog

• Members
  • 1213 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:31 AM

25 and sunny here in srn NH. Sunny, with a high near 40, forecast for today.

#33 swmnhay

swmnhay

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 8662 posts
  • LocationReading,Mn

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:16 PM

A little R & R153253962_4125216557491025_1927743897408

• Vol, Cozyacres, clowers and 3 others like this

#34 paoutdoorsman

paoutdoorsman

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1350 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:56 PM

Very nice Cy.  That looks a little more spacious than the track buggies you used in the past.  Satellite TV and all?   :D

#35 JOR Farm

JOR Farm

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Alabama

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:42 PM

What's up with the ads today every page I go to there is a ugly woman telling me about business ownership full screen and dosen't go away when the time counts down,just ask to replay. Hope this goes away or at least they find some better looking models.

#36 Shetland Sheepdog

Shetland Sheepdog

• Members
  • 1213 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 07:21 AM

27 and snowing here in srn NH. Snow changing to rain later, with a high near 41, forecast for today.

#37 Ox76

Ox76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • Locationwest central MO

Posted 27 February 2021 - 08:29 AM

What's up with the ads today every page I go to there is a ugly woman telling me about business ownership full screen and dosen't go away when the time counts down,just ask to replay. Hope this goes away or at least they find some better looking models.

Sounds like you might need a cleaning on the computer.  Download SuperAntiSpyware.  It's free, use the free version only.  I've used it for over a decade and the biggest computer repair shop where I come from uses the free version to save customer's computers.  Then run a full, complete scan and you'll be amazed at the garbage it gets rid of.  I've never had a problem you can't fix with this!  You can donate some cash to the founder/owner if you feel like it's worth it.  I have because he's saved my butt with his program multiple times. 

Then install AdBlock.  It's worth its weight in gold and free to boot!

• Tx Jim and JOR Farm like this

#38 swmnhay

swmnhay

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 8662 posts
  • LocationReading,Mn

Posted 28 February 2021 - 06:28 AM

Very nice Cy.  That looks a little more spacious than the track buggies you used in the past.  Satellite TV and all?   :D

Have a antenna TV but it only gets one network station if lucky and a few PBS channels.I never even hooked it up this winter.I used IPad and watched some U Tube.

it does have microwave,stove,oven and the main thing is a furnae,lol.

Has a bed and a recliner in it also.

Has a built in fridge,open a unused hole and set food on ice under the fish house.

The Sno Bears on tracks I’ve been in are on guided trips,spendy outfits about $75,000 new.

#39 Shetland Sheepdog

Shetland Sheepdog

• Members
  • 1213 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:18 AM

28 and cloudy here in srn NH. Mostly cloudy, with a high in low 40s, forecast for today.

#40 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 4385 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:37 AM

Ox76

Do you know if one can utilize SuperAntiSpyware when already utilizing Malwarebytes for protection?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors