5 replies to this topic

#1 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15647 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 19 February 2021 - 06:28 PM

Although it doesn't feel like it in many places, Spring is really at hand in much of the Southern US and other places. My son is down in Marshallville GA hunting pigs and quail and took this pic this evening. Jonquils are late here but should be blooming in about 10 days.

Regards, Mike

iucXIml.jpg

• Troy Farmer, endrow, RockyHill and 5 others like this

#2 Troy Farmer

Troy Farmer

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationUpstate SC

Posted 19 February 2021 - 07:49 PM

Got a few of those blooming around here too Vol.  I'm ready.  The older I get the less I like winter.

• Vol likes this

#3 CowboyRam

CowboyRam

An ounce of doing is worth a pound of talk

• Members
  • 1101 posts
  • LocationRiverton, WY

Posted 19 February 2021 - 08:49 PM

It got warm enough today (44) that I had to shed my coat.   It was a nice day for setting up some calving pens in our loafing shed.  I don't really think we are going to need it, but dad thought we should set them up.  I am hoping we don't need them;  Although we can get a few snow storms in March.  We should start calving about the middle of March.  

• Vol likes this

#4 haybaler101

haybaler101

Hay Master

• Members
  • 2182 posts
  • LocationCarlisle, Indiana

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:51 PM

We might hit freezing tomorrow for the first time since February 5th and also have almost a foot of snow on the ground.  Most snow we have had on ground at one time since December of 2005.  Has been a very consistent winter here though with really no wild temperature swings. Not uncommon for us to have a few 60° days in December and January and even 70 in February but have only had 2 days above 50 so far this year. 

• Vol and Cactus50 like this

#5 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10989 posts
  • LocationNorth Liberty, Northern Indiana

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:51 PM

We might hit freezing tomorrow for the first time since February 5th and also have almost a foot of snow on the ground.  Most snow we have had on ground at one time since December of 2005.  Has been a very consistent winter here though with really no wild temperature swings. Not uncommon for us to have a few 60° days in December and January and even 70 in February but have only had 2 days above 50 so far this year. 

Jeez you guys in the tropical part of Indiana. Came close to setting a record low here and there up here but didn’t quite.

#6 haybaler101

haybaler101

Hay Master

• Members
  • 2182 posts
  • LocationCarlisle, Indiana

Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:59 AM

Jeez you guys in the tropical part of Indiana. Came close to setting a record low here and there up here but didn’t quite.

Yeah, well it was 62° yesterday and hopefully spring is about here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors