Gouging or helping people out - Page 2 - Alfalfa/Hay - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 2

Photo
- - - - -

Gouging or helping people out

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 4381 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 19 February 2021 - 06:08 PM

Record breaking cold weather & snow fall at my shack for sure!

#22 VA Haymaker

VA Haymaker

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1429 posts
  • LocationCentral Western VA

Posted 19 February 2021 - 06:32 PM

Day before yesterday I went over to my friends house with my bale spike bed pickup to put out a rd bale for him because his diesel tractor fuel gelled/stopped running. He had some sq bales in his pickup & I inquired where he purchased. He stated local feed store & the sq bales of Coastal costs $12.50 each.

Yesterday I went to help a neighbor get his diesel tractor started that was starving for fuel due to gelled fuel so he could feed his cows.

I'm more than ready for 32+°F weather that supposed to arrive in a few hrs.

You guys have really had a time of it down there. Do you recall this type weather hitting in years past?

I - myself am ready for Spring. The older I get, the colder I get...
  • JD3430 and Tx Jim like this

#23 dvcochran

dvcochran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:21 PM

I would hope for 18000 you would get it delivered. I'm thinking prices like that would weed out a lot of people really fast

Yeah, and I imagine all it would be is weeds and filler. Crap hay.

Of course some people don't care or know better. 

#24 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 4381 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 20 February 2021 - 07:16 AM

You guys have really had a time of it down there. Do you recall this type weather hitting in years past?

I - myself am ready for Spring. The older I get, the colder I get...

Back in the early 80's it stayed below freezing for a longer period of time. Stock ponds/lakes froze thick enough to require chain saw to cut opening. This time pond/lakes only froze a few inches.

Weather guessers are predicting 45°F  today & it can't get to that temperature soon enough for me!

#25 pettibone

pettibone

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Locationwestern maine

Posted 20 February 2021 - 08:26 AM

Yeah, and I imagine all it would be is weeds and filler. Crap hay.

Of course some people don't care or know better. 

I think that ad was just a fishing trip, maybe it was someone in NY or maybe not. Probably figured if they could get someone interested they could come up with something. One thing about CL, doesn't cost much to place an ad and you can be anywhere to put ad in Maine.

Got a delivery of off road fuel and it was up .60 from the fall but it is winter fuel that they cut with kero so doesn't gell in the cold so that makes it more expensive.

#26 Beav

Beav

• Members
  • 664 posts
  • Locationlockport il

Posted 20 February 2021 - 11:37 AM

get ready for fuel to spike even more as this administration wants to create a false narrative for it's green energy rip-off. gas in my area is up .75 a gallon since the election

#27 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15647 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 20 February 2021 - 03:27 PM

Yep, I agree. 

Regards, Mike

#28 Cactus50

Cactus50

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:02 PM

It's just been proven here in Texas that Solar and Wind are extremely unreliable. Not sure how much more proof a person needs.

Loving the weather right now, not a cloud in the sky, bright sun, and upper 50s. Will be running a disc next weekend and will probably have the a/c on. What a difference a week makes!

#29 Ray 54

Ray 54

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationPaso Robles Ca

Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:21 PM

A lot of tractor scams' on CL of the "almost never used 5 year old tractor" for $10,000. Been those for years. New to me is east coast hay advertised on marketplace. Even when we had drought in Caly hay was coming from the inter mountain west not even the mid west.   

So the old saw, "if it seems to good to be true" about 99% chance it is.

• Vol and CowboyRam like this

#30 Bayhillag

Bayhillag

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBumpass Virginia

Posted 26 February 2021 - 06:36 AM

Supply n demand. If you want cheap hay, I’m not your supplier. I take pride in producing excellent forage. It costs money to produce it. We produce 3 quality levels of hay.. $11/$8/$6 which may change due to fert n seed costs... more ground is in corn n beans than ever. Most hay producers I deal with make weedy, poorly grown hay. They ask $4 n I get people who want to compare my pampered small squares. I just tell them I’ll never make you happy if all you’re focused on is price. You better go with them..
  • IH 1586 and mstuck21 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors