My Quarantine And Vaccination Plan. - Page 2 - Chit Chat/Intros - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 2

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

My Quarantine And Vaccination Plan.

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 swmnhay

swmnhay

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 8659 posts
  • LocationReading,Mn

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:57 PM

Do you know what became of this reprimand?

Shelia

No but he still posts his opinions on U-Tube and Face book

#22 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 10015 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 17 January 2021 - 05:42 PM

While we have no idea as to whether hospitals are reporting flu patients as Covid patients, I think it’s certain that SARS/H1N1 get Covid 19 status. Given the numbers, it’s hard to believe they are reported accurately but there is money involved so......there ya’ go.
It’s a very deadly virus for some who contract it, don’t know why it hits others so much worse, but do not be fooled, it’s a killer. If I were in that group that has known vulnerabilities, I would exercise caution and get the vaccine ASAP.
  • stack em up, r82230 and Hayjosh like this

#23 Hayjosh

Hayjosh

• Members
  • 979 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 18 January 2021 - 01:10 AM

I'm glad to see folks here taking it seriously. We were pregnant during the pandemic and had a little hay princess in September...which meant we've been laying low before and since. We're both healthy and young so will patiently wait our turn for a vaccine to make sure those who need it more get it before us. I got sucked into COVID at work when things started to heat up and developed a test for humans and animals. My time has been split pretty evenly between human and animal COVID work, which has been pretty fascinating. It's time to start paying attention to what COVID has been doing to the mink farms.

There have probably been a number of deaths incorrectly attributed to COVID-19, and likely a lot that have not been as well. I don't think the numbers are far off however. The preliminary numbers show 12% more deaths in 2020 vs 2019 in the US; this amounts to over 334,000 more people died in 2020 than 2019.

https://usafacts.org...virus-age-flu/ 

#24 KS John

KS John

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:13 AM

That’s been disproven.

Where is the proof? You cannot say it has been disproven without offering evidence! 

#25 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 10015 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:28 AM

Where is the proof? You cannot say it has been disproven without offering evidence!

Sure you can John......that’s purty common nowadays and part of the problems we have discerning truth from fiction. It happens all the time on the right and left side of the isle.....they will follow up with some “fact checkers” to put the cherry on top :o
Hydrocloroquine was debunked too according to some, well....”experts”. (Slow can tell you, he’s convinced) They must not have had access to all the info.....or they just hated president Trump and wanted to debunk his early acceptance. I would say the latter is most likely true, with our president involved the tables were tilted....they certainly missed some crucial “real world” trials.
So.....in response to your assertion that they “cannot say it has been disproven without offering evidence”, I say.....hold my beer, it’s 2020/21
  • r82230 and KS John like this

#26 Uphayman

Uphayman

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationUpper michigan

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:20 AM

Neil Cavuto says I should be dead..........Trump says it saved me. Don't believe anyone anymore. Took my hydroxycloroquine this morning.........yep, still have a pulse.
  • somedevildawg and JD3430 like this

#27 JD3430

JD3430

“Not a real farmer” farmer

• Members
  • 10999 posts
  • LocationBANANA REPUBLIC of America

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:25 AM

I'm glad to see folks here taking it seriously. We were pregnant during the pandemic and had a little hay princess in September...which meant we've been laying low before and since. We're both healthy and young so will patiently wait our turn for a vaccine to make sure those who need it more get it before us. I got sucked into COVID at work when things started to heat up and developed a test for humans and animals. My time has been split pretty evenly between human and animal COVID work, which has been pretty fascinating. It's time to start paying attention to what COVID has been doing to the mink farms.

There have probably been a number of deaths incorrectly attributed to COVID-19, and likely a lot that have not been as well. I don't think the numbers are far off however. The preliminary numbers show 12% more deaths in 2020 vs 2019 in the US; this amounts to over 334,000 more people died in 2020 than 2019.

https://usafacts.org...virus-age-flu/ 

Josh, I think the financial incentives are just too great to deny the temptation to declare everyone who presents symptoms Covid positive. 
Many hospitals see it as an opportunity for expansion money, paying down debt, modernizing, etc. 

Follow the money.

This vaccine was also a HUGE money grab for the pharmaceutical companies. Hydroxychloroquine is just a $10 off the shelf treatment. Nobody makes any money from it. 

May sound unpopular to many, but I bet this thing could have been effectively treated from day one with existing and improved therapeutics (hydroxychloroquine, remdesivere, regeneron, etc) and we could have saved trillions and not shut down businesses and bankrupted 336,000 small businesses.  
The vaccine IS important, but it’s controversial in the way it was used to bludgeon therapeutics. 

• KurtS1 likes this

#28 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3981 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:55 AM

Watch the 'miracle' treatment arrive after the 20th.  Ivermectin.

Here's a short clip of Dr. Kory in front of the US Senate:

NIH finally gives a green light 1/14/2021 as a treatment option:

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

Here's the main stream press 3 days later, saying it doesn't work:

https://apnews.com/a...tent:9768999400

Here's the non-main stream press, saying it does work:

https://www.cnsnews....you-take-it-you

Oh, did I mention, this drug has been around since 1975, cost could be as low as $0.80 for treatment (yes you read that right, less than a buck).  Has a rather long safety record for some odd reason.  BUT wait a minute who's going to make a lot of money off something like this.............................. doesn't matter, there will be a new 'hero' in a couple of days that will promote Ivermectin.  ;)

And yes, it's the same stuff you use on cattle, horses and dogs. :o   I'd recommend the horse version verses the dog version, that way you will only shake your head and run to the other side the yard verses rubbing your butt on the front lawn after getting your dosage.   :D  :lol:  :P

Larry

PS full disclosure I've already gotten my family doc on board, but now he doesn't have to think I'm infested with tape worms (he already checked for head lice, not enough hair for them to survive). 

• somedevildawg, Ray 54 and KurtS1 like this

#29 swmnhay

swmnhay

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 8659 posts
  • LocationReading,Mn

Posted 18 January 2021 - 09:11 AM

They have the horse paste ivermectin under lock and key at local TSC and a poster on it saying not for human use.

#30 Hayjosh

Hayjosh

• Members
  • 979 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 18 January 2021 - 10:39 AM

Josh, I think the financial incentives are just to great to deny the temptation to declare everyone who presents symptoms Covid positive. 
Many hospitals see it as an opportunity for expansion money, paying down debt, modernizing, etc. 

Follow the money.

This vaccine was also a HUGE money grab for the pharmaceutical companies. Hydroxychloroquine is just a $10 off the shelf treatment. Nobody makes any money from it. 

May sound unpopular to many, but I bet this thing could have been effectively treated from day one with existing and improved therapeutics (hydroxychloroquine, remdesivere, regeneron, etc) and we could have saved trillions and not shut down businesses and bankrupted 336,000 small businesses.  
The vaccine IS important, but it’s controversial in the way it was used to bludgeon therapeutics. 

A few misconceptions here. First being, there is no money to follow. Hospitals have been hemorrhaging money after the onset of COVID. Elective procedures and many other surgeries and visits were halted or significantly reduced. Hospitals saw substantial reduction in capacity of anything non-COVID. Many hospital workers were furloughed while the doctors and nurses with specialized care credentials were overworked and being called back in from retirement. The additional PPE and isolation requirements put a financial strain on hospitals (PPE is very expensive), and the ICU is the most expensive bed to operate. In 2020, at least 47 hospitals closed or filed for bankruptcy due to COVID. COVID cases received a subsidy to help offset increased costs of care for hospitals and patients.

A treatment and vaccine are not the same thing. The purpose of a vaccine is to prevent disease in the first place. COVID is very unique (and different from influenza in this regard) in that it presents itself in a number of syndromes.  Hydroxy was somewhat effective for a specific inflammatory syndrome, but it could also be deadly if this syndrome was not the primary disease. Studies were conducted all over the world and the results were a mixed bag which is not ideal. Some treatments may be ineffective for a given course of disease, but treatments that can be counterproductive aren't going to stay at the top of the list. You might have noticed that hydroxy was absent from the treatment regimen of Trump, Christie, Guliani, and other top government officials.

We couldn't treat anything from day 1 because nobody had any idea what the hell we were even working with and what would work and what wouldn't. It took the better part of the year to identify effective treatments. Regeneron's monoclonal antibody did not exist; it's an antibody created specifically to COVID.

The vaccine was not used to bludgeon therapeutics, it is used to prevent disease. Not developing severe disease in the first place is the preferable scenario to developing disease, overwhelming hospitals and dealing with the potential long-term consequences of infection, or even death as well as economic losses. When vaccines are unavailable or fail to prevent disease, then treatments play a crucial role. The pharma companies have all been busy working on both vaccines and therapeutics.

#31 Aaroncboo

Aaroncboo

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • LocationHomer Glenn ILL

Posted 18 January 2021 - 12:15 PM

HayJosh congratulations on the baby! Glad you're all doing well. Did you pick a name or is it hay princess from now on?

#32 JD3430

JD3430

• Members
  • 10999 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 01:11 PM

A few misconceptions here. First being, there is no money to follow. Hospitals have been hemorrhaging money after the onset of COVID. Elective procedures and many other surgeries and visits were halted or significantly reduced. Hospitals saw substantial reduction in capacity of anything non-COVID. Many hospital workers were furloughed while the doctors and nurses with specialized care credentials were overworked and being called back in from retirement. The additional PPE and isolation requirements put a financial strain on hospitals (PPE is very expensive), and the ICU is the most expensive bed to operate. In 2020, at least 47 hospitals closed or filed for bankruptcy due to COVID. COVID cases received a subsidy to help offset increased costs of care for hospitals and patients.

A treatment and vaccine are not the same thing. The purpose of a vaccine is to prevent disease in the first place. COVID is very unique (and different from influenza in this regard) in that it presents itself in a number of syndromes.  Hydroxy was somewhat effective for a specific inflammatory syndrome, but it could also be deadly if this syndrome was not the primary disease. Studies were conducted all over the world and the results were a mixed bag which is not ideal. Some treatments may be ineffective for a given course of disease, but treatments that can be counterproductive aren't going to stay at the top of the list. You might have noticed that hydroxy was absent from the treatment regimen of Trump, Christie, Guliani, and other top government officials.

We couldn't treat anything from day 1 because nobody had any idea what the hell we were even working with and what would work and what wouldn't. It took the better part of the year to identify effective treatments. Regeneron's monoclonal antibody did not exist; it's an antibody created specifically to COVID.

The vaccine was not used to bludgeon therapeutics, it is used to prevent disease. Not developing severe disease in the first place is the preferable scenario to developing disease, overwhelming hospitals and dealing with the potential long-term consequences of infection, or even death as well as economic losses. When vaccines are unavailable or fail to prevent disease, then treatments play a crucial role. The pharma companies have all been busy working on both vaccines and therapeutics.

Josh, I’m well aware of the difference between the 2.
So if hospitals couldn’t do profitable elective surgeries because of Covid overload, then there would indeed be an incentive to admit more Covid patients.

While waiting for vaccine, we have to go to war with the army we have. What did we have? Hydroxychloroquine and other existing therapeutics. Hydroxychloroquine was known to work early on in the pandemic. 
I believe the hope for a vaccine was used to bludgeon therapeutics because so many doctors and patients did not take proven therapeutics because of the opportunity to bash Trump.

Therapeutics used by President Trump were immediately portrayed as snake oil. We were all told to wait for vaccine and NOT take hydroxychloroquine. Fox News Neil Cavuto told watchers on his show “this stuff will kill you”.

Wonder how many watchers were scared from taking it and lives could have been saved with hydroxychloroquine.......

#33 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3981 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 18 January 2021 - 01:39 PM

HayJosh congratulations on the baby! Glad you're all doing well. Did you pick a name or is it hay princess from now on?

You got part of her name right, ;)  I let Josh tell you for certain.  Hint: look closely at what name he goes by on HT.  :rolleyes:

Larry

• somedevildawg, RockyHill and Hayjosh like this

#34 Hayjosh

Hayjosh

• Members
  • 979 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 18 January 2021 - 02:22 PM

Well as Larry clued you in, her name is Haylee Rose.

"Haylee" which has a literal meaning 'hay meadow,' as a tribute to my late father and grandfathers' farming heritage, which is where my love of hay farming came from. Three men she'll never meet but they can live on in her this way.

"Rose" after my wife Rosemary.

My brothers call her 'haybale' but indeed she will be a hay princess whether she wants to or not :P

• clowers, somedevildawg, RockyHill and 2 others like this

#35 Hayjosh

Hayjosh

• Members
  • 979 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 18 January 2021 - 02:53 PM

Josh, I’m well aware of the difference between the 2.
So if hospitals couldn’t do profitable elective surgeries because of Covid overload, then there would indeed be an incentive to admit more Covid patients.

While waiting for vaccine, we have to go to war with the army we have. What did we have? Hydroxychloroquine and other existing therapeutics. Hydroxychloroquine was known to work early on in the pandemic. 
I believe the hope for a vaccine was used to bludgeon therapeutics because so many doctors and patients did not take proven therapeutics because of the opportunity to bash Trump.

Therapeutics used by President Trump were immediately portrayed as snake oil. We were all told to wait for vaccine and NOT take hydroxychloroquine. Fox News Neil Cavuto told watchers on his show “this stuff will kill you”.

Wonder how many watchers were scared from taking it and lives could have been saved with hydroxychloroquine.......

The early studies with hydroxychloroquine were anecdotal and were not controlled or randomized. They generated the hypothesis that hydroxychloroquine is worth investigating. When large, controlled randomized studies were conducted, hydroxychloroquine more often than not showed no benefit whatsoever. In fact one study terminated early because the treatment group was experiencing a higher mortality rate than the control group. Early on, there were no treatments 'known' or 'proven' to work. It was grasping for straws, and when something looked promising anecdotally, it went into larger studies.

The therapeutics used to treat Trump's COVID were the Regeneron monoclonal antibody, Remdesivir, Dexamethasone (an extremely common and inexpensive steroid that has been around forever), and he had been on Vitamin D supplements. None of these are snake oil.  Hydroxychloroquine was not used. The former have become a very successful treatment regimen and have no doubt contributed to decreased mortality.

#36 Aaroncboo

Aaroncboo

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • LocationHomer Glenn ILL

Posted 18 January 2021 - 03:57 PM

Love the name. Love the reason behind it more! Just goes to show a name can be more than just a name.
  • somedevildawg, r82230 and Hayjosh like this

#37 JD3430

JD3430

• Members
  • 10999 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:54 PM

The early studies with hydroxychloroquine were anecdotal and were not controlled or randomized. They generated the hypothesis that hydroxychloroquine is worth investigating. When large, controlled randomized studies were conducted, hydroxychloroquine more often than not showed no benefit whatsoever. In fact one study terminated early because the treatment group was experiencing a higher mortality rate than the control group. Early on, there were no treatments 'known' or 'proven' to work. It was grasping for straws, and when something looked promising anecdotally, it went into larger studies.

The therapeutics used to treat Trump's COVID were the Regeneron monoclonal antibody, Remdesivir, Dexamethasone (an extremely common and inexpensive steroid that has been around forever), and he had been on Vitamin D supplements. None of these are snake oil.  Hydroxychloroquine was not used. The former have become a very successful treatment regimen and have no doubt contributed to decreased mortality.

Trump took Hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic https://www.nbcnews....oquine-n1214301

and quite honestly, none of us know what he took

and as far as the efficacy, I can post as many articles that it works as you want, but Google is removing them from the internet fast. 
https://www.oann.com...oxychloroquine/

#38 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 10015 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:09 PM

My wife was taking hydroxy as a prophylactic to no avail.....she also took zinc and D. But there are folks that are alive today and they believe it was because of hydroxy.....I’m sure most are aware of some of them, highly publicized for a while. I’m not so sure there were much better results from Remdisivir, but alas, I’m a layman......ivermectin does seem to show promise and wouldn’t that be ironic that the best treatment was sitting in the shelves the entire time.....whodathunk you just had to go to your local Vet, but hey....it is a CoronaVirus :D
  • r82230 likes this

#39 Hayjosh

Hayjosh

• Members
  • 979 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:37 PM

My wife was taking hydroxy as a prophylactic to no avail.....she also took zinc and D. But there are folks that are alive today and they believe it was because of hydroxy.....I’m sure most are aware of some of them, highly publicized for a while. I’m not so sure there were much better results from Remdisivir, but alas, I’m a layman......ivermectin does seem to show promise and wouldn’t that be ironic that the best treatment was sitting in the shelves the entire time.....whodathunk you just had to go to your local Vet, but hey....it is a CoronaVirus :D

Hey there's a lot of veterinary coronaviruses too.

I just read a study the other day--it was very preliminary and based on only 96 observations--but suggested that the good ol' MMR vaccine could be effective in reducing severity of COVID. In that study they found antibody titers inversely correlated with disease severity, meaning those who had high antibody titers to mumps had mild COVID, while those with low or no titers to mumps had severe COVID. It is preliminary and really just formed a hypothesis, but in  my opinion it's low risk, high reward. Most of us are probably negative for MMR titers now anyway (I know I was when I got tested a few years ago).

So if you know somebody who's really susceptible and is unsure of the COVID vaccine or can't get it yet, maybe just get an MMR vaccine or have them check your antibody levels. What is it going to hurt/what have you got to lose? My mom has a history of severe allergies to some drugs so I told her she isn't a great candidate for the vaccine, so maybe she should get boosted for MMR.

This is one of the theories behind why kids do not seem to be affected by COVID too badly, or at all. Again, this is all preliminary. Nothing proven.

• somedevildawg and r82230 like this

#40 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 10015 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 18 January 2021 - 09:41 PM

I’ve often said, I would much rather have a blood test for antibodies than a CoronaVirus test....I think it takes a little longer but it would seem to glean much more information that a + - test....what say you Josh? I’m not sure I could take repeated testing.....I had a friend that could thankfully get in for a prostate removal about two weeks ago, had to be tested twice in consecutive days. Why not do a antibodies test first, if negative then proceed with the jamming of a q-tip up your nose :o
  • Hayjosh likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors