My Quarantine And Vaccination Plan. - Chit Chat/Intros - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community

Photo
- - - - -

My Quarantine And Vaccination Plan.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15574 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 13 January 2021 - 05:31 AM

From Growing Tennessee.

Regards, Mike

https://tennessee.gr...accination-plan

• somedevildawg, stack em up, IH 1586 and 1 other like this

#2 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3906 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:41 AM

My group was approved Monday of this week to get shots but...........................................can't get a time slot.  Our almost famous Gov, says "it's complicated" on the reason's Michigan is lagging so far behind the national average (which seems also slow at around a third of doses administered).  She also keeps blaming Fed for not releasing more doses, which I don't understand, why cry about that when you are setting on over 3/4's of the doses (200K out of over 800K in procession) you have already.

Just talked to a teacher yesterday that got through the web sign-in portal, her time slot 16 days out (January 28th).   Here it seems there is way to much finger pointing verses rolling up the sleeves and injecting.   A county near by, the Sheriff tried to get involved, he wanted a large parking lot area, with a drive through building utilized (absolutely no tents :rolleyes:).  That seemed like a a tall order, what was he planning to take over a car dealership that has an oil change facility?

Larry

• Uphayman likes this

#3 stack em up

stack em up

They say you’re a man of vision....

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationWatonwan County MN

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:39 AM

Not sure how Minnesota’s rollout of the vaccine is going. Dad got a letter from Mayo that he is able to get it when he wants, not sure about Mom. If it’s anything government run, you can guarantee it’s going to get messed up.

#4 KS John

KS John

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:42 PM

Think I will just pass. I became more politically aware during the Clinton years and not much if anything has convinced me to trust the government. Especially when things are rushed.

As Larry would say I may have shorted you on the 2 cents.

• ozarkian, somedevildawg, JD3430 and 2 others like this

#5 weatherman

weatherman

• Members
  • 480 posts
  • LocationMiami County Ohio

Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:04 PM

I was a pin cushion while serving in the military for 20 years. Got more shots then most when deployed. My head jerks to the left and then to the right from time to time. I think I will wait this one out.

• CowboyRam, KS John and Red Bank like this

#6 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10979 posts
  • LocationNorth Liberty, Northern Indiana

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:56 PM

No rush here either, takes years for side effects to show up. Not getting a vaccination that didn’t exist or was even thought might ever be needed less than a year ago.

Our family doc is pushing hard for my wife to get it considering her congenital cardiac issues.

• Cozyacres and JD3430 like this

#7 haybaler101

haybaler101

Hay Master

• Members
  • 2169 posts
  • LocationCarlisle, Indiana

Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:33 PM

I got notice I could get mine right when it came out because I am a firefighter. I think I wil wait. Several guys on department got theirs and will get second shot next week. Interesting to see what effects they have.  My parents are in their 70’s and should be up next in Indiana and I am encouraging them to get it ASAP just because I think COVID-19 would be a lot worse for them than any side effects. Plus my dad is a real pansy ass and would never survive it. Dad’s brother and his wife just had Covid right before Christmas, they are both 80. He thought he was going to die for a couple days but was never hospitalized and took him about 2 weeks to get his strength back (he was still working at a coop full time and a lot more active than my dad). His wife has congestive heart failure and has been fat and lazy all her life and she never missed a beat!  I definitely would not recommend anyone of child bearing age to get the vaccine because who knows what is in the crap.

• mlappin likes this

#8 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10979 posts
  • LocationNorth Liberty, Northern Indiana

Posted Yesterday, 01:17 AM

We have a Korean war veteran at our local Legion that had it, was hospitalized for a few days and that was it, once they released him was back to his old routine in days

• JD3430 likes this

#9 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15574 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted Yesterday, 03:33 AM

The death toll from Covid here in my county is alarmingly high during the last 30 days. The local funeral home is only doing private graveside services. No receiving at the funeral home, and if a loved one passes it will be about a week before they can be interred. 

Here, mostly the aged has died from Covid, but there are plenty of 50-60 year olds dying and a few in the forties. Yeah, you hear of a few older folks getting Covid and having mild symptoms, but a lot more are going to the grave. 

Regards, Mike

#10 vhaby

vhaby

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • LocationNE of Tyler, TX

Posted Today, 01:22 AM

My wife persisted with calling hospitals, our physician, the Texas Health Dep't, etc. We finally received a time slot with one of the hospital's clinics and received the first Moderna vaccine shot on Jan. 7th. Had absolutely no side effects; in fact, while my wife has painful reactions to ordinary flu shots, she didn't even feel pain at the injection site the next day from this anti Covid vaccine. Second shot is scheduled for Feb. 4th. At our ages, even though we live in a gated community of two people behind our locked ranch gate, we can't afford to be afraid of taking these shots.

Vincent

• Vol, JD3430 and r82230 like this

#11 Cactus50

Cactus50

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted Today, 09:21 AM

Vaccines don't last long here, by the time you find out some place has it... it's gone.  I'm on a waiting list with two pharmacies  and my Dr's office. Our county has a low infection and death rate but the next county over is Bexar which is where San Antonio is located and they posted they're were 3000 deaths Friday. 

• vhaby likes this

#12 vhaby

vhaby

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • LocationNE of Tyler, TX

Posted Today, 10:37 AM

I don't 'like' that there were 3,000 deaths attributed to COVID in San Antonio, but I like that you are continuing to pursue getting vaccinated. Most of my siblings still live in Medina County which borders Bexar County/San Antonio. Glad to see you active on HT.

Vincent

#13 JD3430

JD3430

GREETINGS KOMMRADE

• Members
  • 10972 posts
  • LocationBANANA REPUBLIC of America

Posted Today, 10:44 AM

I know it sounds controversial, but I think the death numbers are exaggerated. From what I have seen, many people who die and had any degree of covid, including no symptoms or sickness, were classified as Covid deaths. Even heart attacks, car accidents, gun short wounds, etc. 

#14 slowzuki

slowzuki

• Members
  • 5532 posts
  • LocationNear Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

Posted Today, 10:56 AM

That’s been disproven.

I know it sounds controversial, but I think the death numbers are exaggerated. From what I have seen, many people who die and had any degree of covid, including no symptoms or sickness, were classified as Covid deaths. Even heart attacks, car accidents, gun short wounds, etc.

#15 Cactus50

Cactus50

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted Today, 11:18 AM

I will share this experience a couple of friends of ours had regarding Covid testing:

Back in early April they went to their local clinic to get tested; checked in and then sat waiting to be called back for testing. The wait was longer then they anticipated and the waiting room started filling up with other folks there for testing or other medical reasons. My friends started getting nervous having such close contact with so many people so they left. A little over a week later they received notices in the mail that they tested positive for Covid. True story. Not saying the numbers are exaggerated just saying this happened to them.  

#16 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3906 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted Today, 12:38 PM

This is from my local paper (today's edition verbatim):

"Five Michigan counties – Clinton, Eaton, Genesee, Ingham, and Washtenaw – participate in the CDC’s Influenza Hospitalization Surveillance Network. From Oct. 1, 2020 through Jan. 2, 2021 those counties have reported only five adult influenza-associated hospitalizations. That compares to about 170 hospitalizations for the same period a year ago.

In Lapeer County, according to records provided by Lapeer County Health Dept., there were 436 confirmed cases the flu during the 2019-2020 flu season, Oct. 1, 2019 through April 30, 2020. The vast majority those cases, 369, occurred in January through March of last year. For the current flu season that started on Oct. 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020 Lapeer County has reported only 1 confirmed case of the flu. That compares to 67 confirmed cases in the same period in 2019.

Whether measured on a national, state or local scale, there just isn’t much flu around this season. Or is it just getting reported as COVID?

Both Dr. Zajchowski and Lapeer County Health Director Katherine Haskins say that is not the case."

Farther down in the article is this part:

"Haskins concurs. “As far as Influenza cases being reported as COVID, not so,” she said. “Most ERs run what they call a respiratory panel. Part of that is Influenza types A & B, often RSV (respiratory syncytial virus which causes flu-like symptoms), and COVID was added. However, if the Influenza test is positive it is reported as influenza in our reporting system with a copy of the test result. I’ve seen the report sheets. Each test result is listed separately. It’s only reported as COVID if it tests positive for COVID,” Haskins concluded.

In spite of the conspiracy theories, a hospital has very little incentive to misclassify influenza as COVID-19. Hospitals receive an additional 20% for Medicare patients treated for COVID-19 through funding created by the CARES Act last April. But that applies only to patients whose healthcare is paid for by Medicare. And those payments fall well below a hospital’s normal billing and costs, so a 20% upcharge allowed by a COVID diagnosis is not going to reap a windfall. A COVID diagnosis requires documentation, such as a positive test. Falsifying those documents would be unethical and illegal. The penalties to hospitals for Medicare fraud are steep."

I found the "hospital has very little incentive" part interesting, 20% upcharge would NOT be an incentive?  Full disclosure, this hospital/paper are located in the 'MJ shops' hotspot of the county.  City has around 5,000 folks county around 90,000 folks for population.  City is the only one in the county that has approved MJ stores.  Only 6 where approved to sell, no limit on growing facilities.  ;)

I'm a believer in 'looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, acts like a duck, it's probably a duck' thought process, perhaps I'm wrong (again).  :confused:

Larry

#17 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15574 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted Today, 01:19 PM

That’s been disproven.

Let me guess.....your statement is based on science? Or is it based on what someone told you? Or is it based on something that you have read and that you personally believe? Or did you hear it in the media? 

Your statement is impossible to prove as correct. 

Regards, Mike

#18 swmnhay

swmnhay

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 8628 posts
  • LocationReading,Mn

Posted Today, 01:28 PM

That’s been disproven.

A Dr says different and was reprimanded for saying it.

https://youtu.be/KpGeRFK0tao

he explains it well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors