Older model baler for baleage - Page 2 - Machinery - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 2

Photo
- - - - -

Older model baler for baleage

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 endrow

endrow

• Members
  • 4256 posts
  • Locationcentral pa

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:23 AM

I can't remember how yrs/bales since my baler had a flipped over belt & I'm definitely not interested in going back to clipper lacings after utilizing Mato lacings for yrs!

But I realize I operate on virtually level ground with very small inclines.

Your baler has a very easy life compered to the typical round baler in these parts that has seen mostly corn fodder and wet forage like triticale and rye  

#22 endrow

endrow

• Members
  • 4256 posts
  • Locationcentral pa

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:39 AM

As said you can bale wet hay with a non silage special round baler. I would  say when the moisture gets down to 50 or less your goal would be to catch it in the heat of the day and bale it then .you do not want to let the hay dry down and the pick up moisture from night air / dew and try then it will get claimy and sticky  and be a no go . Back in  the late 80,s we baled wet hay very carefully with a New Idea round baler predecessors to NI 484/ old orange baler. Everything had to be done right  and it would work . I am thinking that far back the wrapper was not invented yet and we stuffed the bales 1 by   1 in individual plastic bags . That was the early wet bale system you had to do everything right  lots botched it big time. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors