Did you know this about Whiskey - Chit Chat/Intros - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community

Photo
- - - - -

Did you know this about Whiskey

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3906 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:03 PM

Cold winter days sometimes leaves me with time to surf, especially with the stuff that's happening in the world, that I try to tune out.  Came across this little piece on Tennessee Whiskey that I found interesting.  Might just have to arrange to acquire some to do my own study.  :cool:

https://www.agweb.co...through-science

As an FYI, Canadian Whisky is spelled (required also I think) without the 'e'.   A lot a is produced just to the south of Detroit in Windsor.  There is a good size plant there that produces a variety of brands even. I've read somewhere how much corn they take in but don't remember right now. A lol of Canadian whisky's are blends, too.   Being just across the river was most likely pretty handy during probation. 

Reminds me of when I was just a kid, the local equipment guys would show up at the farm, with their three buddies, named Jack, Jim & Johnny.  Might even leave one, if you had bought enough equipment that year.   :rolleyes:

Larry

• Vol, ozarkian, somedevildawg and 2 others like this

#2 haybaler101

haybaler101

Hay Master

• Members
  • 2169 posts
  • LocationCarlisle, Indiana

Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:56 PM

Pretty interesting.  I have toured Woodford Reserve bourbon distillery in Kentucky and learned a lot and am now very fond of their products.  All of my corn goes to GPC in Washington, Indiana. Their number one product is 200 proof alcohol which most of goes to Kentucky to make their finest.  GPC grinds 150,000 bushels of corn per day and each bushel makes 2.2 gallons of 200 proof. That is 330,000 gallons per day!

• JD3430 and r82230 like this

#3 broadriverhay

broadriverhay

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • LocationJenkinsville , SC

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:14 AM

Since I quit drinking almost 9 years ago , the demand should have dropped significantly!!

• DSLinc1017, somedevildawg, gradyjohn and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors