2021 hay pics. - Page 4 - Alfalfa/Hay - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 4

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

2021 hay pics.

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Aaroncboo

Aaroncboo

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • LocationHomer Glenn ILL

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:00 PM

The one I found said Detroit

#62 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15653 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:22 AM

https://bidcal.hibid...m-fanning-mill/

Regards, Mike

• IH 1586 and TJ Hendren like this

#63 IH 1586

IH 1586

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • LocationNorthwest PA. Warren County.

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:28 AM

I see a lot of clippers in this corner of the state. I wonder where that chatham was built?

I like your log rigger, looks like a simple and quick way to use 3point.

It works decent. I really need one for my self once and awhile. Only down fall is unless the rigging is perfect it will break the bolts on sway block plates. If dealing with level ground or up hill not an issue, but when going down steep hills that are covered in ice logs try to out run you. Then he has me moving logs that are pushing 30' and the elevation changes makes it difficult keeping choker tight. I'm glad it's not my tractor I'm beating on. Get logs to the landing then use front end and brakes to slide them together.

#64 endrow

endrow

• Members
  • 4311 posts
  • Locationcentral pa

Posted Yesterday, 06:42 AM

Taken advantage of a freeze AM again

Attached Files

• IH 1586, paoutdoorsman and Cactus50 like this

#65 Jimmy Bartlett

Jimmy Bartlett

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationIowa Falls, Iowa

Posted Yesterday, 11:51 AM

Hey Endrow, what is drilled in those stalks & what are your plans for the crop? There aren't many stalks left standing!

#66 endrow

endrow

• Members
  • 4311 posts
  • Locationcentral pa

Posted Yesterday, 05:42 PM

Hey Endrow, what is drilled in those stalks & what are your plans for the crop? There aren't many stalks left standing!

In September we chopped the corn for silage and left just an 18" stalk.Then Barley was planted there. It will go threw the combine mid June .We harvest the grain and bale the straw and plant soybeans, the soybeans are harvested for grain as well late fall

#67 endrow

endrow

• Members
  • 4311 posts
  • Locationcentral pa

Posted Yesterday, 06:08 PM

Moved into the wheat as well But by 9:30 a.m. As soon as the Sun got bright it got greasy And had the quit.. The ground is it nearly settled you can only run when it's froze yet And I'm expecting that the change in the near future. I am running a blend of AMS and Urea and Potash

#68 endrow

endrow

• Members
  • 4311 posts
  • Locationcentral pa

Posted Yesterday, 07:47 PM

Moved into the wheat as well But by 9:30 a.m. As soon as the Sun got bright it got greasy And had the quit.. The ground is it nearly settled you can only run when it's froze yet And I'm expecting that the change in the near future. I am running a blend of AMS and Urea and Potash

Attached Files

• IH 1586 and Cactus50 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors