The Mail - Page 2 - Chit Chat/Intros - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 2

Photo
- - - - -

The Mail

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 BWfarms

BWfarms

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1485 posts
  • LocationGod's Country, North Carolina

Posted 30 December 2020 - 05:10 PM

Amazon is getting Priority over Priority Mail, Bezos and Company have made sure of that. My Amazon packages come through USPS, courier and occasionally UPS.

Our mail carrier confirmed this with my wife. Even said the Greensboro distribution center at one point only had about ten people working the sorting. Partly short staffed due to ‘I can’t work because of COVID’.

#22 SCtrailrider

SCtrailrider

• Members
  • 922 posts
  • Locationupstate South Carolina

Posted 30 December 2020 - 06:19 PM

I pay all bills on line through my bank for free, we haven't written a check in years... it's nice and so far 100% safe...

Our mail is slow also but our monthly bills are so regular I keep the routine stuff paid several months ahead of time... 

• JD3430 likes this

#23 JRehberg

JRehberg

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTallahassee, FL

Posted 30 December 2020 - 08:32 PM

Our mail service in the capitol city of Florida really started going down hill about 3 years ago.  Now a days it's only delivered 3, maybe 4 times a week.  Started paying all of our bills on line through USAA bank several years back and love it.  As far as our local USPS, no accountability and no leadership willing to grab the bull by the horns and clean house.  Ours has gotten so bad that Amazon quit using our local USPS and ships everything through UPS the last 3 months.  Our carrier was actually bragging about this to my neighbor; she mentioned that she was done early everyday now that she doesn't have to deliver Amazon stuff anymore.  I wish he would have asked her if she took a pay cut since she only delivers 3 or 4 days a week........ 

• DSLinc1017 and somedevildawg like this

#24 Coondle

Coondle

• Members
  • 710 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 30 December 2020 - 08:44 PM

Even here in Australia UPS has struck. I never bought a lot from the US, possibly a half dozen items a year.

That has virtually stopped.

UPS rates went up so much that I can no longer afford to buy anything in the US. Postage/freight is now often more than the purchase price.

Their rate hikes must have done immense damage to business in the US. Sad to see and te volumes will decrease meaning more rate hikes. A vicious spiral down.

#25 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10979 posts
  • LocationNorth Liberty, Northern Indiana

Posted 30 December 2020 - 10:36 PM

I’ve used my bank to pay for stuff for years, 90% of its online anyways, what not they print a check and mail it themselves. The rest I’ve been paying online myself for years, rarely actually write a check anymore, when I do its usually rents and I print those off, less chances of tampering when the mail temporarily “loses it’

Had three packages that were guaranteed to arrive yesterday thru USPS, regular mail lady stops and leaves the mail then off she goes?? I’m like huh? So later a USPS van actually backs up the drive and leaves a package, as in 1. By this time I’m getting a little perturbed, have jobs waiting on this stuff. Not five minutes later van comes back and drops another package and I tell them should be another, nope this is it. So okay 2 out of 3 is better than nothing, an hour later same van with the same driver comes back with the third package….

No wonder they lose money hand over fist.

#26 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10979 posts
  • LocationNorth Liberty, Northern Indiana

Posted 30 December 2020 - 10:50 PM

And one of these days those damn Amazon drivers are going to get somebody killed. Have to be some of the absolute worse or stupid drivers I’ve ever seen. More than once I’ve come around a blind corner and find an Amazon van sitting in the road with a good 80% of the van still in the road making deliveries. And this is on state highways. The other day someone had one of those Ram Promaster vans and took em four tries to back into our small drive, still wide enough I’ve backed a straight truck up it with a 16’ bed on the first try. She finally gets backed in and cuts her wheels the wrong way and about drops the front tire off the drive and into the ditch.

I’m pretty sure the drivers that couldn’t even cut it at Swift ended up with Amazon.

• somedevildawg and CowboyRam like this

#27 SCtrailrider

SCtrailrider

• Members
  • 922 posts
  • Locationupstate South Carolina

Posted 31 December 2020 - 06:27 PM

Well I don't do Amazon at all, but some of my home delivery's are by Fedex, we are 1/2 mile off the road and can't be seen from the road, their is one young female black girl that does this route, she was leaving things at the road just thrown out the door, after several aluminum radiators were "stolen" from being left at the road, they must have told her to go down the drive, I confronted her one day and she was scared to death, you would have thought a boogy man was around...  she made the comment I should meet her at the road next time, I said maybe you should stay in the city from now own.... I haven't seen her again...

My USPS lady does come down the drive when a box won't fit in the box at the road, I have a large mail box where she leaves packages and picks up as well, she doesn't seem to mind doing it, but we leave her a care package once in a while for her trouble so I think that shows her we care and notice she does as well...

• Vol, somedevildawg and endrow like this

#28 Edd in KY

Edd in KY

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationKentucky Bluegrass horse capitol.

Posted 09 January 2021 - 08:22 PM

Yes, the post office was never intended by the constitution to be money making. It was needed to have a functioning democracy. Delivering one letter to a remote farmer, 20 miles from town was never profitable, but it was essential to democratic communication. That's how it was when America was great.  Then private companies decided that they could skim off all the very profitable stuff and leave the crap losers for the post office.  Of course, your politicians would never explain that to us. They were too busy taking money from the UPS and Fed Ex  lobbyist and  bragging that they were doing something...like insisting that the Post office make money and deliver 6 days a week even if it was a terrible losing strategy. 

If you are unwilling to invest the brainpower to understand the situation, then you get the government you deserve.

#29 FCF

FCF

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationCampbellsville, Kentucky

Posted 09 January 2021 - 08:40 PM

Got a text message today from a friend in Maryland that they got our Christmas card today that was mailed the first week of December. Four weeks to go a little over 600 miles, have driven it many times pulling gooseneck trailer in under 12 hours.

• JD3430 likes this

#30 JD3430

JD3430

GREETINGS KOMMRADE

• Members
  • 10971 posts
  • LocationBANANA REPUBLIC of America

Posted 09 January 2021 - 09:17 PM

Yes, the post office was never intended by the constitution to be money making. It was needed to have a functioning democracy. Delivering one letter to a remote farmer, 20 miles from town was never profitable, but it was essential to democratic communication. That's how it was when America was great.  Then private companies decided that they could skim off all the very profitable stuff and leave the crap losers for the post office.  Of course, your politicians would never explain that to us. They were too busy taking money from the UPS and Fed Ex  lobbyist and  bragging that they were doing something...like insisting that the Post office make money and deliver 6 days a week even if it was a terrible losing strategy. 

If you are unwilling to invest the brainpower to understand the situation, then you get the government you deserve.

So are we allowed to complain about their declining service like you just did, or should we say nothing because other countries have worse mail systems?  :D
Mail used to be delivered 7 days a week. Mine is 6, if my mail lady feels like it.  I  just had a check sent on 11/29 10 miles from me take until 12/18 to arrive. And it was a big one I needed to pay my bills.  :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors