https://www.bloomber...mic-relief-plan

#2 Gearclash

Gearclash

Hay Master (Supposedly)

• Members
  • 3412 posts
  • LocationSioux County, NWIA

Posted 21 December 2020 - 01:14 PM

What’s another trillion yet this year . . . no biggie.  Gonna be real real interesting to see what happens once this Covid business gets behind us.  It’s counterintuitive but I think we will be better off if it takes a while for things to get back to normal.  Too much money velocity too soon could send us on a wild inflation ride.  I see Deere and Co is offering negative interest rates on certain items.  Hmmm.  It looks to me like the economic fallout from Covid could be worse than the disease itself.  I am not much a fan of FDR, but I have to think that with Covid “the only thing we have to fear is fear itself”.  Not that I think Covid is nothing, but the overreaction to it is concerning.

• somedevildawg, broadriverhay and BisonMan like this

#3 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15579 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 21 December 2020 - 01:48 PM

Yeah, the new normal is "no worries, we won't concern ourselves with repayment."

The next step will be, " if you need something from the store, just go take it."

There will be a day when the line is drawn in the dirt.....coming soon to a community near you. XRated.

Regards, Mike

• rjmoses, ozarkian, somedevildawg and 2 others like this

#4 Farmineer95

Farmineer95

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationWiscinsin

Posted 21 December 2020 - 05:00 PM

That day is here, there are stores with a “no chase” policy due to lawsuits and rights of the criminal. They have the right to a safe getaway you know...
  • rjmoses, somedevildawg and BisonMan like this

#5 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9945 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:04 PM

If things don’t turn around, and it doesn’t appear to be...., the “greatest generation” will have left our Republic in undeserving hands......I do believe the shit is fixing to hit the fan. We all know this printing of money can’t continue, they always say “borrowing money” but the reality is they are printing money which is in turn borrowing from our grandchildren while never filling out a credit app. This may get real ugly real fast.....I know/hope we are all prepared for what may be an ugly fight, but one worth fighting.
There are a few things I would like to see changed in a new Republic, perhaps we can get it done.

1) performance based pay for politicians.....GDP stays where it is, you get $xxxx.....up a point, you get $xxxx....up two points $xxxxxx you get the idea, works in the private arena. I think this would also take care of term limits.

2) move to a three party system one in which you could vote for two candidates....your Primary and a secondary that kicks in in certain circumstances...that would encourage a third party. As it is structured now, there’s no way realistically for a third party candidate, and some of the candidates for third party have been accordingly tough to take.....

3) move back to a type of “gold standard” (which I think Trump has been hinting at) to value our currency.....this would end the aimless printing of notes.

They’s a bunch more, none unconstitutional.....that would be appropriate moving forward.

I repeat, I think this has a fair probability of turning really ugly......but that’s what happens when folks votes have been compromised, and they know it.......this has all the hallmarks of a revolutionary type problem, I pray that it doesn’t but prepared all the same for the fallout.....

Merry Christmas 2020 my friends......
  • ozarkian, stack em up, RockyHill and 3 others like this

#6 stack em up

stack em up

They say you’re a man of vision....

• Members
  • 3032 posts
  • LocationWatonwan County MN

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:52 PM

I’m not going to wait for our resident political pundit to chime in here, so I’ll start by saying Big Dawg is spot on. I’d take it a step further, instead of simply a 3 party system, make it so you elect 1 President, 1Vice Pres and so on, BUT they aren’t from the same party. I vaguely remember the 12th amendment but don’t recall what it fully says, maybe someone will clarify.

As far as the spending, I think both parties need to check themselves. Why do they think it’s okay rebuy votes now and worry about the consequences later? Honestly, in 10-20 years most of them will be dead so not their problem. They got their agendas completed, their pensions paid and we pay the bill.
I do believe there is going to be some form of Revolution sooner rather than later, and I worry for my son and his generation who have to pick up the pieces.
  • somedevildawg, r82230 and paoutdoorsman like this

#7 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3927 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 22 December 2020 - 08:42 AM

Politicians seem to be always good at 'kicking the can down the road', except this time they are really getting their leg into it.

Did a little 'fuzzy' math, with the latest government spending package. $8.75 billion for distribution (not paying for, just distributing vaccine), if I did my math right, comes out to a little less than $14 per dose (less than $27 per person, using the US population of around 330M).  Each little small pizza box size container contains 900-1,000 doses.   So that's about between $11,900 to $13,000+ just for distribution cost per pizza box.  :o   Perhaps the US government should have purchased an Amazoo Prime subscription or I need to become a distributor.  :cool:

Or maybe i should look into developing/creating a new money printing machine for the US Government, the present one must be wearing out you would think. ;)

Larry

Edited by r82230, 22 December 2020 - 06:02 PM.

• somedevildawg and stack em up like this

#8 Gearclash

Gearclash

Hay Master (Supposedly)

• Members
  • 3412 posts
  • LocationSioux County, NWIA

Posted 22 December 2020 - 09:29 AM

"make it so you elect 1 President, 1Vice Pres and so on"

​Early on that’s how voting worked.  It was not unheard of to have a President from one party and a VP from another.  Also used to be people “stood” for office, not “ran" for office.  Kinda think we need to go back to that to take the runaway campaign spending out of the equation.

• somedevildawg, broadriverhay and Ox76 like this

#9 RockmartGA

RockmartGA

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1198 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Georgia

Posted 22 December 2020 - 06:11 PM

This thread is going to get moved to the Boiler Room very soon, LOL

A 5,600 page legislation that got moved to an "Up or Down Vote", which means that most of Congress doesn't have a clue what is contained in it.  In the next few weeks, as more and more people have a chance to review it, we will hear of tales of waste and graft, millions of dollars to this pet project, millions more for that pet project, none of which addresses the underlying situation of millions of Americans put out of work because our politicians decree that certain businesses are "not essential" and must be shut down.

• somedevildawg, RockmartGA, RockyHill and 2 others like this

#10 Edd in KY

Edd in KY

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationKentucky Bluegrass horse capitol.

Posted 23 December 2020 - 09:54 AM

Facts point to the data that 90% of Americans are working through Covid and doing OK. 10% are out of work,  hurting bad and need help. I am OK with  helping the ones that truly need it.

But why is everyone getting $600? It is called "buying votes" with your and my tax dollars. A lot of that money will be channeled through Walmart directly to China to buy more junk.

and....Why should it be raised to $2000 for working people (as suggested today)? Just buying votes.

Lets help the ones that are hurting and stop passing out loyalty awards.

• somedevildawg, RockmartGA, JD3430 and 4 others like this

#11 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9945 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 25 December 2020 - 12:29 AM

I’ll tell you one thing that is not reported about the notion of raising to 2k that the POTUS mentioned....his entire remarks were to get rid of the pork (200m to smithsonian, 200m to jfk library, 300m for democracy and gender studies in Rwanda?) and give the tax paying Americans the money instead of the pork.....of course that was not reported by the main stream media.....
I agree, I dont want them printing ANY $ at all, but $600 is a slap in the face when spending that kinda money on pork that has nothing to do with Covid. While asking our grandchildren to pay for it....our political process is a mess, starting with the people who want to make a living out of politics. It was never meant for us to have career politicians....but it’s those career politicians that worked against DJT at every turn, why? Because he alluded to that being a problem in our political system, that didn’t sit too well with the “establishment” hence the “cheat”, a coordinated effort.
  • RockmartGA, RockyHill and CowboyRam like this

#12 Edd in KY

Edd in KY

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationKentucky Bluegrass horse capitol.

Posted 25 December 2020 - 05:12 PM

Dawg, actually CNN included the entire 5593 pages of the bill in the attached article. Besides the items you mention there are dozens and dozens of items in the appropriations bill. This huge bill includes dozens of pork projects, many many that have nothing to do with Covid relief . Like rangeland and forestry projects and  some items which are pet projects sponsored by my own  "RED" congressman and "Ultra red" senator (and would benefit me). Putting pork in a bill is not restricted to one party.

My objection is to giving $2000 ($4000) to a family that is earning just as much or more now, than before the pandemic. How about a retiree who has felt no change in income? That is a needless budget buster and it is nothing but buying votes.

https://www.cnn.com/...text/index.html

• somedevildawg, RockmartGA, RockyHill and 1 other like this

#13 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9945 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 25 December 2020 - 09:19 PM

I haven’t seen the actual bill, I’ll check it out....
Hell, we had to give folks a “bonus” to come back to work.....after they were making more than they were working. Now the problem with that is, we had workers that were considered “essential” and continued to work while getting paid less than the workers that were at home. And then when we go to hire them back, they get a bonus for hiring back because they would really rather sit on their ass....
What a mess.....I haven’t received one and don’t want one. It’s like me going to my 8 yr old grandson and asking him for some of his piggy bank money....
  • Vol, RockmartGA, r82230 and 1 other like this

#14 RockmartGA

RockmartGA

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1198 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 09:49 AM

CBS headline  "Trump Shuns Stimulus Package as Millions of Americans Lose Pandemic Benefits"

No, Trump called out Congress for sending BILLIONS overseas while politicians in America were shutting down businesses.  

Political commentator Liz Wheeler gives a brief overview of some of the waste.  As the fiasco with Hunter Biden proves, millions (billions) in these spending bills make their way back to politicians through the "friends and family" schemes.

(241) The worst things in the COVID + stimulus bill - YouTube

A true "news" agency would be all over this legislation.  Instead, they attack Trump.

• somedevildawg, JD3430, RockyHill and 2 others like this

#15 RockmartGA

RockmartGA

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1198 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 10:04 AM

All you need to know about the new "stimulus" package:

Attached File  COVID 5.jpg   49.1KB   1 downloads

• Vol, somedevildawg, endrow and 4 others like this

#16 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9945 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:04 PM

Lol....so true.
  • endrow likes this

#17 BisonMan

BisonMan

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationSW ontario Canada

Posted 29 December 2020 - 11:42 PM

I'm up here in Canada and Ag Real Estate Prices are going absolutely wild. I bought my farm in Februrary so managed to sneak in just before the money printing began.

35% of USD have been printed since MARCH 2020. Farm prices have probably bumped 20% here since March.

I've heard rental rates are flying right now too.

Hay is in short supply this winter, so I should have no issue selling my small squares.

I'm actually considering fully gearing up with hay machinery as a better store of value than the dollar. 

• Vol likes this

#18 stack em up

stack em up

• Members
  • 3032 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 12:02 AM

I'm actually considering fully gearing up with hay machinery as a better store of value than the dollar.

I guess I’m not sure how purchasing a depreciable item protects against inflation?

#19 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9945 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:57 AM

I guess I’m not sure how purchasing a depreciable item protects against inflation?

I would suspect that his thinking is that when the shit hits the fan and the dollar plunges, he would rather be heavy in EQ than cash, cash will disappear. Of course that’s a double edge sword, if folks can’t buy it no sense making it.....
  • stack em up and r82230 like this

#20 stack em up

stack em up

• Members
  • 3032 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 12:58 PM

I would suspect that his thinking is that when the shit hits the fan and the dollar plunges, he would rather be heavy in EQ than cash, cash will disappear. Of course that’s a double edge sword, if folks can’t buy it no sense making it.....

Makes sense.

It’s like my Grandma who lived thru the Depression. She said people didn’t worry about money, nobody had any.!
  • somedevildawg likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors