You ever fire a customer? - Page 4 - Alfalfa/Hay - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 4

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

You ever fire a customer?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 endrow

endrow

• Members
  • 4297 posts
  • Locationcentral pa

Posted 23 December 2020 - 06:12 AM

Well, now that the Libtards are gaining traction, it might be time to push for a subsidy on hay production!  :huh:   :rolleyes:  ;)

If you are interested in that  make sure you report all acreage farmed at the FSA . The last couple of programs have included Alfalfa. And if you are not interested don't bother .I find it interesting that FSA will add 80 approved specialty crops to the program list and not grass hay .    

• JD3430 and gosh like this

#62 endrow

endrow

• Members
  • 4297 posts
  • Locationcentral pa

Posted 23 December 2020 - 06:18 AM

Pay phone?

Yes  one dime in the old phone booth .

• gosh likes this

#63 IH 1586

IH 1586

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1968 posts
  • LocationNorthwest PA. Warren County.

Posted 23 December 2020 - 07:07 AM

A men i remember well  the old rotary dial hanging on the wall right inside the door and we were on a party line shared buy 4 house holds.    

I came in at the end of the rotary area. Had one in the barn that had a 60'so or 70's era phone book hanging with and this would have been very early 90's. Once it quit the modern phones just would not last a year in that environment. House I grew up in has/had a wall mounted one that I had to disconnect to get internet to work...wasn't going to figure out how to wire in a filter to it. Still there when I sold the house. Grandma's house that I live in now had a wall mounted one until life line needed to be installed and if I ever find it, it will get reinstalled. Still have a desktop one that someday will get plugged back in.

• gosh likes this

#64 stack em up

stack em up

They say you’re a man of vision....

• Members
  • 3047 posts
  • LocationWatonwan County MN

Posted 23 December 2020 - 09:34 AM

.I find it interesting that FSA will add 80 approved specialty crops to the program list and not grass hay .

Because if they did every idiot with a mower and some free time would be at FSA signing up their “hay farm” postage stamps of fields that shouldn’t be touched in the first place.

I’m not trying to put down the large acreage grass farmers out in OR, ID and WA
  • RockyHill, gosh and mstuck21 like this

#65 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3981 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 23 December 2020 - 02:21 PM

Got news for you , for the first 20+years of my life a pay phone was a dime . 

Ditto, but might have been longer than 20 years, in the sticks where I live.  ;)

Larry

#66 Shetland Sheepdog

Shetland Sheepdog

• Members
  • 1204 posts
  • LocationHollis, NH, USA

Posted 23 December 2020 - 05:15 PM

I have to chuckle when you guys say you can remember rotary dial phones!  ;) 

I can remember when they were brand new!  :rolleyes:  :P 

• IH 1586 and paoutdoorsman like this

#67 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3981 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 23 December 2020 - 06:02 PM

I have to chuckle when you guys say you can remember rotary dial phones!  ;)

I can remember when they were brand new!  :rolleyes:  :P

You got me sheep, but I do remember only having to dial 5 numbers for local calls (we couldn't afford long distance BTW :o ).  Our phone number was something like MOhawk4-4492, didn't need to dial the MO (66) part.  But apparently we were more upscale than Endrow, had a two-party line.  :lol:

Lary

• CowboyRam likes this

#68 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10989 posts
  • LocationNorth Liberty, Northern Indiana

Posted 23 December 2020 - 07:54 PM

Yes  one dime in the old phone booth .

Haha, yah I know what a pay phone is but was a quarter to the best of my recollection.

#69 Shetland Sheepdog

Shetland Sheepdog

• Members
  • 1204 posts
  • LocationHollis, NH, USA

Posted 23 December 2020 - 09:06 PM

Ayup, payphones! When I was a kid payphones were common! Used to be rows of them in bus stations & railroad stations, etc!

Used to go down the line checking the coin return slots! Every now and again would score a dime! Once in a while, more! 

• Vol likes this

#70 Beav

Beav

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • Locationlockport il

Posted 23 December 2020 - 09:59 PM

Did not think it would start a trip down memory lane for everyone. My drive to college was 41/2 hours no cell phone, at 18 mom and dad only said call when you get there. Now these helicopter parents would have died from stress under the same conditions. I think parents back my day were don't worry we'll make more. LOL

MERRY CHRISTMAS 

• JD3430, r82230 and Red Bank like this

#71 clowers

clowers

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 24 December 2020 - 11:32 PM

I also had a rotary phone, and a two party line up until I was in the 7th grade.

• endrow likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors