Looking for a compact side by side - Page 2 - Machinery - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 2

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Looking for a compact side by side

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 paoutdoorsman

paoutdoorsman

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1304 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 19 November 2020 - 02:32 PM

The Gravely's are actually built by Ariens.

#22 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9774 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 19 November 2020 - 06:33 PM

I went by and looked at those CF moto machines today....they look really nice, demo one tomorrow so we will see.

#23 JOR Farm

JOR Farm

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Alabama

Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:42 PM

I have 2 Kubota's a 1140 open 4 seater with a windshield and top it does a good job taking the kids fishing and whatever my mom wants done. I bought it for my dad to use on the farm but he passed on father's day of '19. The one I get in every day is an rtvx1100 cab, air conditioning, satellite radio. Kubota's aren't fast but they last forever and require very little maintenance. I put around 4000 hours on my first 1100 in 5 years they gave me half my money back for it traded on the new one. Other than a mule I think kubota probably has the best resale value

#24 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9774 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 19 November 2020 - 08:01 PM

I have 2 Kubota's a 1140 open 4 seater with a windshield and top it does a good job taking the kids fishing and whatever my mom wants done. I bought it for my dad to use on the farm but he passed on father's day of '19. The one I get in every day is an rtvx1100 cab, air conditioning, satellite radio. Kubota's aren't fast but they last forever and require very little maintenance. I put around 4000 hours on my first 1100 in 5 years they gave me half my money back for it traded on the new one. Other than a mule I think kubota probably has the best resale value

Ya I really liked my Kubota’s....someone liked it better unfortunately. A few things I wasn’t real happy with on my 1140....had my 900 for 10 yrs.
1) still noisy
2) rear visibility (backing up)
3) speed

other than that.....perfect.

#25 Snow Farmer

Snow Farmer

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationCentral Britsh Columbia

Posted 19 November 2020 - 11:30 PM

I too understood the Gravely machines were made by Polaris. Watched a Youtube video by Stanley "Dirt Monkey" Genedek, he bought one and featured it in a video, said it was really a Polaris.

Could it be that Ariens builds for Gravely, using the Polaris?

#26 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9774 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 20 November 2020 - 06:22 AM

I too understood the Gravely machines were made by Polaris. Watched a Youtube video by Stanley "Dirt Monkey" Genedek, he bought one and featured it in a video, said it was really a Polaris.
Could it be that Ariens builds for Gravely, using the Polaris?

I believe that Dana is correct.....the gravely machines that I saw and drove were definitely not Polaris built.....and Ariens is a huge lawnmower company, makes perfect sense. They looked like good machines but they didn’t look anything like Polaris.

#27 paoutdoorsman

paoutdoorsman

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1304 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 07:35 AM

I think the confusion is that they do use a Polaris manufactured engine in the JSV's, but the also are available with a Kohler diesel engine.

On edit: It looks like Gravely did partner with Polaris to design the JSV specifically.

#28 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9774 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 20 November 2020 - 06:04 PM

Well, the Moto got delivered today....it’s so completely different than the Kubota. It rides nice, engine makes phenomenal power, sob will run 75mph :o it’s kinda scary. But I’m just not a fan of those type transmissions, herky/jerky operation but then again I’m used to the Kubota. If I had large expansive ground to cover, perhaps....but I don’t think it’s for me. Really, really, fast....

#29 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3747 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 20 November 2020 - 09:00 PM

If I had large expansive ground to cover, perhaps....

Easy fix Big D, buy more hay ground.  :P  Nothing like spending someone else's money.  ;)

Larry

• somedevildawg and Wethay like this

#30 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9774 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 20 November 2020 - 09:45 PM

It wouldn’t even get to top speed with what I could afford :(.
did I mention that it was fast....like really fast? It did have a low “range?” but the rpm’s ran kinda high given the speed of travel, but when you stepped on that TBW (throttle by wire ;) ) it became, well....fast :o I should mention that TBW was kinda touchy.....

#31 paoutdoorsman

paoutdoorsman

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1304 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 11:11 PM

What were you testing out dawg?  The 2021 UForce 1000?

• somedevildawg likes this

#32 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9774 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:17 AM

Yep....I think ima go look today at Kawasaki. The Mule is the original buggy as far as I can remember....they should have it perfected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors