Cummins Engine Code/fuel control solenoid - Machinery - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community

Photo
- - - - -

Cummins Engine Code/fuel control solenoid

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10933 posts
  • LocationNorth Liberty, Northern Indiana

Posted 10 November 2020 - 11:18 AM

So got the combine issue figured out, swapped the control solenoid position, front to back and back to front, immediately displayed a different code as the faulty solenoid is now in a different spot. 

Cummins won’t sell just a solenoid, want to sell the entire assembly for $1400 and its not easy to change given the position of the engine/injection pump. It’s bad enough I’d pay a Cummins tech to come out and change it and laugh at em the whole time. 

Anybody have a injection shop that might be able to get those solenoids separately? I’ve already tried a few local ones but the ones left aren’t that great, most of em send stuff out to be rebuilt and are nothing more than a store front. Cummins part number 4001966 according to the breakdown. 

It now throws a yellow code so gonna try to run it to finish the last 35 acres then may seriously contemplate trading it off and upgrading to a model with a Sisu in it.

#2 Gearclash

Gearclash

Hay Master (Supposedly)

• Members
  • 3343 posts
  • LocationSioux County, NWIA

Posted 10 November 2020 - 01:46 PM

What system do you have there?  My first thought would be to call Midwest Fuel Injection (they have many locations) or Blue Chip Diesel (not sure what they all deal with but they really know Bosch VP44s.).

#3 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10933 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 04:33 PM

What system do you have there?  My first thought would be to call Midwest Fuel Injection (they have many locations) or Blue Chip Diesel (not sure what they all deal with but they really know Bosch VP44s.).

CAPS system. Cummins Accumulator Pump System or some crap like that.

#4 Gearclash

Gearclash

Hay Master (Supposedly)

• Members
  • 3343 posts
  • LocationSioux County, NWIA

Posted 10 November 2020 - 06:34 PM

Ok. I wondered if it was a CAPS system. Not well liked by some. A good Case IH tractor mechanic who knows the era of Magnums and combines that used that pump could help you out. There were at least 4 models of Magnum that used that system, some smaller 4wds, what ever blue stuff that was a counterpart to the CIH version, plus a couple combine models.

#5 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10933 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 09:41 PM

Yah, I think White tractors used em as well. May have been the older version of the 8.3 which we have in a MF8780.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors