Is new equipment better by design? - Page 2 - Machinery - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 2

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Is new equipment better by design?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 4196 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 09 November 2020 - 11:46 AM

Gearclash

Thanks for your reply. I stand corrected. I didn't realize you normally bale that many rolls per day.

Jim

#22 Stxpecans123

Stxpecans123

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 November 2020 - 08:38 AM

I go through 3 rolls of Vermeer 67x7000 in a day quite often, but I do 3.25 wraps of net for reg hay, but it's my hay. When baling somthing like haygrazer where I am getting 4.5 bales an acre the netwrap goes quick. Maybe I need to build somthing for my loader with a fuel tank and storage thanks for the idea..
Why newer tractors don't have bigger the tanks is something I don't understand. Atleast 12 hours of working it hard worth of fuel should be standard. I get it a Farmall super M would work little more than half a day in a tank. Well that was a different time when the operator would go back to the house at lunch. Now we climb into a cab with a cooler.
When looking at new 6155m and comparable tractors I don't think any of them hold more than 60 gallons of fuel. But a pre def model 6140m held like 80 somthing. Makes alot of sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors