• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SCtrailrider

SCtrailrider

• Members
  • 922 posts
  • Locationupstate South Carolina

Posted 31 October 2020 - 05:31 AM

I know we have a few members here in Pecan country, I'm looking for a place to purchase bulk Pecans, I would like a tote full, anyone know who or where to contact ?

I have a cracking machine and would like to put it to work, I love making and snacking on Pecan Brittle... 

Thanks, Chris

• Vol, somedevildawg and broadriverhay like this

#2 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9912 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 31 October 2020 - 07:53 AM

Let me know how many you want.....if you want to come down for a day you could pick up all you could eat for a year in a few hours. I’ve never seen as many as there are this year, a real bumper crop. I can get you all you want or need....
  • Troy Farmer and SCtrailrider like this

#3 SCtrailrider

SCtrailrider

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 09:56 AM

I don't know how much a tote would weigh but the 275 gl or so totes and yes a road trip for me & the wifey would be good...  I don't really have time to gather them but if someones kids do I would gladly pay, and when I make my famous pecan brittle I'll send a box full...

#4 SCtrailrider

SCtrailrider

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 01:49 PM

In fact, I'd buy 2 totes if I could find that many, my dad also wants a bunch...

#5 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9912 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 31 October 2020 - 09:55 PM

You want them cracked? I just took about 200lbs and had cracked. Now we just have to sit down and de-shell them....it’s well worth the money. I believe they charge me .40 a pound, priceless imo
I have a crew picking up mine now, we didn’t shake the trees this year, no need.
  • Vol likes this

#6 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9912 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 31 October 2020 - 09:58 PM

I don't know how much a tote would weigh but the 275 gl or so totes and yes a road trip for me & the wifey would be good...  I don't really have time to gather them but if someones kids do I would gladly pay, and when I make my famous pecan brittle I'll send a box full...

Most sold in croker sacks, seems like about 165#...idk, can’t remember, but it’s a guess, they weigh each sack.
  • Vol likes this

#7 SCtrailrider

SCtrailrider

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:13 AM

I have a cracking machine myself... I guess 2-3 sacks would be good, don't know what a croker sack is right off...

#8 SCtrailrider

SCtrailrider

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:15 AM

I asked google about the sacks, LOL.... do you know what the cost might be per bag?

#9 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9912 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 01 November 2020 - 08:05 AM

I asked google about the sacks, LOL.... do you know what the cost might be per bag?

They’ll average about .60 per pound, that seems to be the price this year.....some varieties are bringing .75 (vandemine, Stuart) mine are all mixed, with various nuts....we don’t bother separating trees with the exception of seedlings/money makers/etc. super small and a pita to crack and shell, we always sell them.
Let me know when you want to head down and I’ll get them ready....
  • SCtrailrider likes this

#10 SCtrailrider

SCtrailrider

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 08:43 AM

I'll send ya a pm, but I would like to order 500lbs....  and it is a 6-7hr drive so it would need to be a weekend on my end... 

And thanks a bunch, I see lots of Pecan Brittle for Christmas ....

• somedevildawg likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors