• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sandel

sandel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 22 October 2020 - 05:07 PM

Anyone have experience with maxillator on tractor loader? Any advice for best performance?

#2 swall01

swall01

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 23 October 2020 - 06:54 AM

maxilator makes several different loader attachments. which one are you referring to?

#3 Ox76

Ox76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Locationwest central MO

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:42 AM

My advice is to run it with a skid steer.  I have a Maxilator accumulator/grapple.  Skid steer is much easier to use over a tractor for that purpose.  I know, I know - it's easy to spend other peoples' money.

#4 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3784 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:21 AM

Welcome to HT first.

As far as running a Max, I never done so, but watching so vids, I have a tenancy to agree with Ox.  Looks like you would be better off with the best ability to see the whole grapple.  A tractor could be blocking some (or al lot) of your view.  Along with not being as 'nimble' as a SS.

Larry

#5 mx113

mx113

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationEtowah tn

Posted 23 October 2020 - 09:38 AM

Unless you have extremely flat and smooth ground, a skid steer is the way to go. On my ground, the grapple would not last a day on the front of a tractor. I have way too many dips, ditches and holes in my fields. In a skid steer, you can see what’s coming and make the necessary adjustments as you go. 

#6 ttazzman

ttazzman

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSW MO

Posted 24 October 2020 - 12:07 PM

I run the rhino branded maxillator

as with any accumulator set up it really likes 3' bales good solid bales

in its accumulator setup it has extra guide bars that hold some bale spacing so if you load right from accumulating its hard to get your load tight ....works fine for short field to barn but not great for the road....the option is to go thru the field and accumulate packs ...then take out the bars so you can load tight packs for road travel.

we use both two sizes of tractors and a skidloader with the unit just depends on situation ....much prefer the skidloader for reasons others have mentioned .....but a tractor works ok just not as fast but a tractor will load higher.....visability is the key advantage of the skidloader and ability to twist to align load on wagon and barn

any off the ground setup likes flat ground .....obviously you run the grapple off the ground but it is so far out front that any bumps, holes etc move it up and down a lot so the more of those you have the slower you have to go

the system works great for us......our fields are close to the barn so we load multiple wagons and trailers pull them under cover then reconfigure the grapple and unload the next day

first stack of the year

Attached Files

• r82230 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors