30 replies to this topic

#1 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15579 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 21 October 2020 - 08:12 PM

Don't know if you have a RK store in your area, but they have their Black Friday sale already going on. I went by an RK store in a bordering county today to pick up some Timothy Seed($60 for a 50# bag of Climax). 

I noticed near the front entrance they had tables stacked high with 5 pocket jeans. They were $7.99 and come with a LIFETIME warranty. The sign said if they split out or get a hole in them just bring them back for a new pair. They were all relaxed fit and they have odd waist sizes like 35" waist....which is what I wear and is hard to find without ordering. They are a pretty remarkable jean for $8.

Just thought I would pass it on.

Regards, Mike

• somedevildawg, stack em up, IH 1586 and 1 other like this

#2 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9945 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 21 October 2020 - 08:49 PM

Wish I had one.....I’d have to take em up on the jeans.

#3 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3927 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 21 October 2020 - 09:03 PM

Wish I had one.....I’d have to take em up on the jeans.

I would too, except 35" might be a little too tight.  :cool:

Larry

• somedevildawg likes this

#4 stack em up

stack em up

They say you’re a man of vision....

• Members
  • 3032 posts
  • LocationWatonwan County MN

Posted 21 October 2020 - 09:39 PM

I would too, except 35" might be a little too tight.  :cool:

Larry

Yeah, I haven’t worn 35” jeans since early early junior high.... Used to wear 38 forever but lately these Jean companies have been making their 38s too small, moved up to a 40 and its a little more comfortable.

#5 haybaler101

haybaler101

Hay Master

• Members
  • 2169 posts
  • LocationCarlisle, Indiana

Posted 21 October 2020 - 09:58 PM

I will have to check that out. Pretty comfy in the standard 36” myself.

#6 clowers

clowers

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 21 October 2020 - 11:13 PM

Check the hot water heater stack, you may need to turn the thermostat down.   

Could not resist 

#7 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 4309 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 22 October 2020 - 05:42 AM

Yeah, I haven’t worn 35” jeans since early early junior high.... Used to wear 38 forever but lately these Jean companies have been making their 38s too small, moved up to a 40 and its a little more comfortable.

May also be leaving jeans in clothes drier "too long"!!! :lol:

#8 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3927 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:48 AM

I contribute it to the changed measuring system. ;)   I'm old enough to remember buying seed corn that had 56# in it, then they went to 50# bags (without lowering the price even), then to just so many kernels per bag.   Doesn't matter if the bag only weighs 42# or not. 

I'm glad i don't grow corn anymore, I'd hate counting to almost 80,000 and get interrupted, loosing track of where i was at and having to start over. :o   What nobody checks and trusts the seed companies?

Larry

#9 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15579 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:50 AM

I will have to check that out. Pretty comfy in the standard 36” myself.

That is what I usually buy and cinch my belt up snug. I like the 35" as I don't have to wear a belt with them when operating machinery making it more comfortable. 

Regards, Mike

#10 PaulN

PaulN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, MN

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:51 AM

I don't understand how anyone can offer a lifetime warranty on jeans. Every pair I've ever owned will eventually get a hole in them. With a warranty like that, I'd be set for life!

#11 RockmartGA

RockmartGA

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1198 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Georgia

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:57 AM

Meet Bubba.  Wears same size pants that he did in high school.  LOL

Attached File  Walmart (2).jpg   46.43KB   0 downloads

• PaulN likes this

#12 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3927 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 10:06 AM

Meet Bubba.  Wears same size pants that he did in high school.  LOL

attachicon.gifWalmart (2).jpg

That's my wife's brother, still wearing size 32" pants (according to him).  BTW, he prefers that you call him either Mark or "God's gift to women". :lol:

I remember him telling MIL, to buy him the ones with 'stretchy' waist bands, because the seem to fit better. :o

I wonder what he's doing in Georgia anyhow. ;)

Larry 

• clowers likes this

#13 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9945 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 23 October 2020 - 06:48 AM

I wonder what he's doing in Georgia anyhow. ;)

Larry

Running away from Whitmers lockdowns......:P
  • r82230 likes this

#14 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3927 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:16 AM

Running away from Whitmers lockdowns...... :P

Not only is that funny, wife says you can keep him. too.  Hopefully, he locates with the rest of liberals on the dole (he didn't work for 18 out of 20 years he was married, want to guess why his ex divorced him?).

Larry

PS BTW,  he's one of the Governor's folks, who thinks she walks on water. :o  

Edited by r82230, 23 October 2020 - 11:28 AM.

#15 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9945 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:37 PM

Im purty sure he wouldn’t “fit in” real well down in this neck of the woods....lessin’ he went to Atl, then all bets are off! Sounds like he deserves him some ATL :o

#16 SCtrailrider

SCtrailrider

• Members
  • 923 posts
  • Locationupstate South Carolina

Posted 24 October 2020 - 05:45 AM

Next time ya go by see if they have any 32x32 size.. I'll be happy to send ya the money, and I'll test the warranty as well....

#17 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9945 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:16 AM

Holy crap.....32? I might have some of my old Sears Toughskins from back in the 7th grade :o you never suffered “move away from table” syndrome did you. My dad would have to tell us to back off.....”wait 30 min and see if your still hungry, if you are, grab a glass of milk” (usually powdered :o, mom would buy a gallon of “real” milk a week, when it was done....) I think it ingrained an attitude of “eat it now, there may not be any left later” :o and the fact that there was 7 of us, and I was the youngest...
  • clowers and r82230 like this

#18 JOR Farm

JOR Farm

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Alabama

Posted 24 October 2020 - 06:09 PM

Those are the same pants mommy used to buy for me only ones I outgrew before I destroyed. I wore 32x34 in 7th grade then 34x34 in 8th still wear 34x34 at 43 years old though I have swapped to carhartt dungree's but they are no comparison to those toughskins.

#19 stack em up

stack em up

They say you’re a man of vision....

• Members
  • 3032 posts
  • LocationWatonwan County MN

Posted 24 October 2020 - 06:13 PM

Holy crap.....32? I might have some of my old Sears Toughskins from back in the 7th grade :o you never suffered “move away from table” syndrome did you. My dad would have to tell us to back off.....”wait 30 min and see if your still hungry, if you are, grab a glass of milk” (usually powdered :o, mom would buy a gallon of “real” milk a week, when it was done....) I think it ingrained an attitude of “eat it now, there may not be any left later” :o and the fact that there was 7 of us, and I was the youngest...

I grew up the youngest of 4 boys, youngest older brother is 7 years older. Between them and my Dad, it was “eats the fastest gets the mostest” Leftovers was not a common occurrence either. Mom would buy 5 gallons of milk a week, after it was gone, drink water.

#20 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3927 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 06:32 PM

I grew up the youngest of 4 boys, youngest older brother is 7 years older. Between them and my Dad, it was “eats the fastest gets the mostest” Leftovers was not a common occurrence either. Mom would buy 5 gallons of milk a week, after it was gone, drink water.

I guess I was 'lucky' as far as milk, we hauled 1 1-2 to 2 gals up morning and the same at night right from the bulk tank after milking cows.   Now as far as leftover or seconds, hmmmm Mom, Dad, Grandpa, hired man and 6 kids............ better clean your plate was the rule.  ;)  Had to 'leave some' for everyone else. IF (big word) there was some left you could have them, but I think my mom (last one in the passing lane), probably didn't always get a belly full (now that I look back at those days).

Larry

• clowers, somedevildawg and stack em up like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors