Oh Really, That's Interesting. - Page 2 - Chit Chat/Intros - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 2

Photo
- - - - -

Oh Really, That's Interesting.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9912 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:22 PM

Let me take a wild guess.....your a crossdresser with an affinity for red and black??

No....but you’re kinda heading in the right direction, in so much as I am ashamed, disappointed, pissed off, and should probably consider mental therapy to cope with the burden that it’s placed upon my shoulders......
  • Vol and Ox76 like this

#22 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9912 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:36 PM

I ain’t ready....it’s too demeaning :o, but I’ll devulge this little tidbit of info.....my wife is definitely the best part of me and I try to always make her happy. The other day was her birthday (she turned 31 :o) :D just yanking yer chain....so for mother’s day I gave her 12 damn chickens (that’s what she wanted, wasn’t my idea) and of course our existing (TSC) store bought coop (for 4 chickens) was a bit small. So I had an old doll house and fixed it up a bit for her....Attached File  20C6B372-DFC2-4F3B-9C8A-E7DA44018415.jpeg   180.17KB   4 downloads
So now, I’m purty sure that qualifies me as a chicken....ok, well maybe an egg (seeings how I ain’t got no roosters) farmer :o
I still ain’t sure which one come along first, can’t seem to solve that riddle, but I like them eggs....and they ain’t no “fryers” in the bunch. So there you have it, I’m a egg farmer too.....nothing to see here :o
  • Vol, IH 1586, CowboyRam and 1 other like this

#23 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15571 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 19 September 2020 - 04:20 AM

Looks good, you did a nice job.....you'll enjoy eating those farm fresh chicken eggs better than playing in that doll house. 

Regards, Mike

• somedevildawg likes this

#24 IH 1586

IH 1586

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1936 posts
  • LocationNorthwest PA. Warren County.

Posted 19 September 2020 - 05:03 AM

I'm installing native grass/wild flower beds around the home. Getting a handle on it and eventually like to work bigger areas. Seeds are expensive. I have gone as far as not brush hogging any field edges leaving the goldenrod which has resulted in a slightly upset wife who likes well groomed fields.

I'm not a greenie. I will kill every darn weed in the hay fields and pasture. Nothing better than Grazon.

Attached Files

• Attached File  FL.jpg   519.33KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  FL1.jpg   178.73KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  FL3.jpg   371.4KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  FL4.jpg   225.94KB   0 downloads

• Vol, somedevildawg and r82230 like this

#25 OhioHay

OhioHay

Hay Master

• Members
  • 829 posts
  • LocationEast Central, Ohio

Posted 19 September 2020 - 07:09 AM

What a great thread. As I have been enjoying it, I've been thinking about what is interesting about my family or myself. There isn't a whole lot. We farm. My hobby is farming or watching other people farm on you tube. Though secretly, I think when I grow up I would like to be a famous farm video you tuber😁. So as I was doing chores this morning, I thought of something. We have a breeding pair of donkeys. The jack is somewhat famous. Our church does a live nativity and we provide the donkey and some sheep for it. It is a great time of fellowship for our church and the community.
  • Vol, somedevildawg, IH 1586 and 2 others like this

#26 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15571 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:22 AM

I'm installing native grass/wild flower beds around the home. Getting a handle on it and eventually like to work bigger areas. Seeds are expensive. I have gone as far as not brush hogging any field edges leaving the goldenrod which has resulted in a slightly upset wife who likes well groomed fields.

I'm not a greenie. I will kill every darn weed in the hay fields and pasture. Nothing better than Grazon.

I am no greenie either....but I do enjoy flowers. I like to buy the tropical milkweed as winter does it in and you don't have to worry about it being invasive. The Monarch butterflies love it and I keep it along the front of the walkway and the Monarch caterpillars will climb the front of the house and make a chrysalis(kind of a cocoon). We had about a dozen or so hatch here and a couple as late as last week. The following is one of my favorite companies to deal with on native grass and wildflower purchases.  https://www.outsidepride.com

There is a 1/3 acre behind my sons house where he borders federal land. It was all grown up with junk. I took a rotary mower to it and cleaned it up....run a disc over it and sowed it in Native short Prairie grass. Much to my surprise it caught and year two it was dense. We have sown some Coneflowers, Alfalfa, and Butterfly weed in it and it looks great. If the Feds say anything about it, I will be shocked. 

Regards, Mike

• IH 1586 likes this

#27 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3900 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:59 AM

Come on Big Dawg, I want to see the backside.  I have pictures in my head of a rounded top door, with "Big Dawg" in arched letters above the door.  :P  :D  But it would still be a good looking dog house to go to.   ;)

Also I didn't realize you were such a cradle robber, a 31 year old wife.  Wow, I heard of having a younger wife, but you really, really, really went with a young one.  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :D

Larry

#28 stack em up

stack em up

They say you’re a man of vision....

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationWatonwan County MN

Posted 19 September 2020 - 01:40 PM

Also I didn't realize you were such a cradle robber, a 31 year old wife.  Wow, I heard of having a younger wife, but you really, really, really went with a young one.  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :D

Larry

It’s like when my former boss’s wife turned 40 many moons ago. He said he was gonna trade her in for 2 20 year olds.
I looked at him and said “ two twenty year olds and a cold drink of water would probably kill you”
  • clowers, somedevildawg and r82230 like this

#29 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9912 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 19 September 2020 - 03:32 PM

Lol....now that’s funny Paul.
I agree, my oldest youngun is fixin to be 40.....seems time really flies by.

#30 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9912 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 19 September 2020 - 03:58 PM

Ok, so here goes........please don’t think less of me, I can’t help it, no control over it.
Whew....ain’t so sure I can do it.....
So while I’ve been a havin’ my surgeries and such, I got some devastating :o news that I hadn’t know for 56 years.....my life up until now had been a lie :( I had been living in a fantasy land and didn’t know it....you see I knew my grandfather had come to South Georgia from Tn, supposedly he killed a man and was fleeing to friendlier areas, this was before the turn of the century. South Georgia was a good place to get lost apparently. He was a preacher and had 12 children one being my mother....so I’m born in 61 and I always thought my dad was an Air Force captain, he and my mother divorced when I was 2, I as the last of 6 kids. So about three years ago, thanks to my son sending off DNA to a website, I find out my dad wasn’t really my dad :o now let me tell you, for those of you wishing to send off DNA, you might just open up Pandora’s box.......it’s all good, turns out I knew my sperm donor better than I knew my...well, make believe dad. Btw I don’t think he knew anything of this....my sperm donor was a Major League Baseball player. He coached me in football, basketball, baseball.....he was a great guy and for some reason, I always felt a real connection to him but nothing super strong just cared for him, helped him with some of his things he had going on and couldn’t handle later in life......now that in and of itself is not really a big deal.....I was fond of him, we had a connection (I don’t think he ever knew I was his kid, although the thought had to cross his mind) and he was a good man, married to the same woman for 50yrs, and had three kids.....now here is the problem, and it’s a Doosy. I always knew he had an accent that never left him tho he had been here the majority of his life......
Sooooo, there ain’t no good way of sayin’ this......damn it man!
My dad was a Yankee!! :o :o Sob.....there I done went and said it, do I feel better? No, I’m still havin nightmares.....but therapy is helping. I always end my sessions with a Rebel Yell, please tell me I’m not in hell....
There ya go.....top that will ya’, something you or I didn’t even know until recently....half of my family is from Worcester MA, and I’m quite sure it’s above the Mason Dixon line, I know none of them and they don’t know I exist........Thanks ancestry DNA :P
  • Vol, clowers, HayMike and 3 others like this

#31 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9912 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 19 September 2020 - 04:01 PM

I may be kin to some of you folks.......:P take that!
  • stack em up likes this

#32 stack em up

stack em up

• Members
  • 3030 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 05:12 PM

Holy crap, Dawg is a Yankee. It’s been a while since I studied Revelation, and I don’t recall reading anything about Dawg but surely this is another sign of Christ’s coming.
  • OhioHay, somedevildawg and r82230 like this

#33 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9912 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 19 September 2020 - 07:04 PM

I ain’t no damned Yankee....ok, well....maybe I am...kinda ;)
Ima be needin’ to swear y’all to secrecy....I don’t want to be havin’ to defend myself constantly....my own brothers and sister don’t even know about this joyous revelation. I’m feelin’ a bit queasy just thinkin’ bout it....but I’ll take my medicine, he probably was born down in the south and they moved up north when he was a small child. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it :o
  • Vol likes this

#34 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3900 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 19 September 2020 - 07:44 PM

I may be kin to some of you folks....... :P take that!

After reading your story, I went and looked at a calendar, to make sure it was April 1st.  :rolleyes:  Maybe that explains why you like Oregon Ducks tractor colors. :D  :lol:

Larryu

#35 Shetland Sheepdog

Shetland Sheepdog

• Members
  • 1187 posts
  • LocationHollis, NH, USA

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:22 PM

Well Dawg, my paternal grandparents left Vermont about 100 years ago, and moved to Tifton!  :o  They couldn't cut it, and packed up and went back to Vermont after a couple of years!  :rolleyes: Grandpa passed away shortly thereafter, and Grandma ended up here in Hollis, as a nanny!  :huh: My father came to visit her, and that's where he met my mother!  ;)

• Vol and somedevildawg like this

#36 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9912 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:23 PM

Damn sheep, you coulda been swattin’ gnats with me! Sometimes it’s a very small world.....I bet them gnats is what ran em back to Vermont!

#37 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9912 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:24 PM

After reading your story, I went and looked at a calendar, to make sure it was April 1st.  :rolleyes:  Maybe that explains why you like Oregon Ducks tractor colors. :D  :lol:

Larryu

Nope, it ain’t that Larry, it’s them smurf blue seats that I have a hankerin’ for :o

#38 PaulN

PaulN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, MN

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:35 PM

560.jpg

Only $14.95. How many, and what colors?

• Vol, somedevildawg and stack em up like this

#39 stack em up

stack em up

• Members
  • 3030 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:30 PM

560.jpg
Only $14.95. How many, and what colors?

And now I can cross Dawg off my Christmas shopping list, I’ve found the winner!!!
  • somedevildawg and PaulN like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors