Oh Really, That's Interesting. - Chit Chat/Intros - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community

Photo
- - - - -

Oh Really, That's Interesting.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15579 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 18 September 2020 - 06:50 AM

Most everything seems to be gloom and doom anymore. Almost everything you hear anymore is not good for a cheerful soul. 

So, I thought I would try and start a fun and refreshing topic for us to participate in for a change of pace.

What I would like to see us do is this; Tell us something about yourself that we did not know. It can be anything, but hopefully fun, lighthearted, and interesting. 

Regards, Mike

• RockmartGA, stack em up and Uphayman like this

#2 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3927 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 18 September 2020 - 07:32 AM

I'll bite Mike, I have a growing solar panel on top of my head, seems to be getting bigger every year.  :o  What some folks call a bald spot, the only advantageous thing I have is being 6' 4" tall a lot of folks can't see it if I stay standing up.  :D  :lol:  :P

Larry

• Vol, somedevildawg, RockmartGA and 4 others like this

#3 stack em up

stack em up

They say you’re a man of vision....

• Members
  • 3032 posts
  • LocationWatonwan County MN

Posted 18 September 2020 - 07:57 AM

I'll bite Mike, I have a growing solar panel on top of my head, seems to be getting bigger every year.  :o  :D  :lol:  :P

Larry

You have one of those too Larry? Although mine isn’t a solar panel, mine comes from all the gray matter inside pushing the hair follicles out....

An interesting nugget about me, I make a mean Macaroni and Cheese in the oven.
  • Vol, somedevildawg, RockmartGA and 1 other like this

#4 slowzuki

slowzuki

• Members
  • 5536 posts
  • LocationNear Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:08 AM

Neighbours started a food truck this year, their hours are pretty limited when it’s out on location, but every time I help them now at their farm they send me home with something delicious!
  • Vol, somedevildawg, RockmartGA and 2 others like this

#5 VA Haymaker

VA Haymaker

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1423 posts
  • LocationCentral Western VA

Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:12 AM

Our farm motto is "We are not discouraged."

• Vol, somedevildawg, RockmartGA and 3 others like this

#6 paoutdoorsman

paoutdoorsman

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1321 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:33 AM

One of our daughters got married last weekend.  Had an absolutely gorgeous day for it, and everything went perfectly!  She has been blessed with a great husband, and we have been blessed with a wonderful son in law.  I was an emotional mess, and the water level in the pond actually rose from all my tears!  :D  

wedding.jpg

• swmnhay, Vol, clowers and 9 others like this

#7 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15579 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:35 AM

Here is something about me that you didn't know....

I have always loved to grow things which I have stated before. But anymore, my favorite thing to grow is Tall Bearded Iris. I have bought many many award winning Iris stock from all over this country and grow and reproduce them here on my farm. I find them just so beautiful and I am fascinated in the hybridization of Iris...creating my own hybrids. I wish I would have started this hobby of mine when I was younger. For some reason I just did not pay much attention to Iris back then. Iris come in every color and color variation under the sun. Some have very large flowers and some have smaller flowers. Some are fragrant some are not. But I enjoy them all. 

Regards, Mike

zBlr3OA.png

• swmnhay, somedevildawg, RockmartGA and 7 others like this

#8 stack em up

stack em up

• Members
  • 3032 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:16 AM

Here is something about me that you didn't know....

I have always loved to grow things which I have stated before. But anymore, my favorite thing to grow is Tall Bearded Iris. I have bought many many award winning Iris stock from all over this country and grow and reproduce them here on my farm. I find them just so beautiful and I am fascinated in the hybridization of Iris...creating my own hybrids. I wish I would have started this hobby of mine when I was younger. For some reason I just did not pay much attention to Iris back then. Iris come in every color and color variation under the sun. Some have very large flowers and some have smaller flowers. Some are fragrant some are not. But I enjoy them all. 

Regards, Mike

zBlr3OA.png

We had a neighbor who was a corn breeder but loves hybridizing Iris. I wish I would have listened to him more as I’m very interested in it now.
  • Vol likes this

#9 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9945 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:45 AM

Ok, so I’m purty much a straight shooter, folks know where I stand, I let it be known. But....I’ll have to admit this, and it’s really hard to say this.....I haven’t, and won’t, even tell me very best friends. But I’ll tell all of my colleagues here.....Damn it, I just can’t do it. Maybe I’ll work up some more courage later.......sorry
  • Vol, RockmartGA and paoutdoorsman like this

#10 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15579 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 18 September 2020 - 11:00 AM

Ok, so I’m purty much a straight shooter, folks know where I stand, I let it be known. But....I’ll have to admit this, and it’s really hard to say this.....I haven’t, and won’t, even tell me very best friends. But I’ll tell all of my colleagues here.....Damn it, I just can’t do it. Maybe I’ll work up some more courage later.......sorry

Let me take a wild guess.....your a crossdresser with an affinity for red and black??

• somedevildawg, RockmartGA and PaulN like this

#11 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3927 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 11:02 AM

You have one of those too Larry? Although mine isn’t a solar panel, mine comes from all the gray matter inside pushing the hair follicles out....

There's a difference, seems MY hair follicles started growing from their roots. Eg out from my ears, nose, whatever, instead up.  :cool:

Larry

• RockmartGA likes this

#12 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15579 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 18 September 2020 - 11:06 AM

We had a neighbor who was a corn breeder but loves hybridizing Iris. I wish I would have listened to him more as I’m very interested in it now.

One of the current largest Iris breeders in the US was originally from Minnesota, but moved his family and his operation to Oregon about 100 years ago in search of a more moderate and favorable climate. His name was F.X. Schreiner and now his grandchildren operate one of the largest Iris businesses in the world. They cultivate over 150 acres of Iris. 

Regards, Mike

• RockmartGA and stack em up like this

#13 stack em up

stack em up

• Members
  • 3032 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 11:56 AM

Let me take a wild guess.....your a crossdresser with an affinity for red and black??

Can’t say cross dresser anymore Mike, it’s “in transition”
  • Vol, somedevildawg and RockmartGA like this

#14 Aaroncboo

Aaroncboo

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • LocationHomer Glenn ILL

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:08 PM

I'll go. As busy as we are with everything, my wife and I are huge video game players. We don't do much TV and aren't usually inside before dark but playing anything from new huge games to frogger and tetris (she always whoops me in tetris even after 11 years of trying to beat her) it's a wonderful way for us to do something engaging together that we can both relax and enjoy while doing. Even single player games we'll watch each other play and help all we can. You really get an appreciation for the amount of cooperation you have with each other, which is huge in a relationship of any kind.

Great idea for a topic
  • Vol, somedevildawg, RockmartGA and 2 others like this

#15 Ox76

Ox76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Locationwest central MO

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:16 PM

Never thought of them that way - gaming I mean.  Just see teenagers doing it all the time and think negatively about it.  Thanks for giving me a new perspective! 

• Vol and somedevildawg like this

#16 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3927 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 02:40 PM

Thought I post a pic of my growing solar panel.

Solar panel

Was going to post my guess of Big Dawgs' secret, then though no I would just post a video. :o 

Perhaps, we now know the real owner who shell remain almost famous on HT.  ;)  Sorry Todd for possible letting your secret out.  I won't tell a soul, in Georgia that is.  :D  :lol:

Larry

• somedevildawg likes this

#17 swall01

swall01

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 18 September 2020 - 06:47 PM

I yell WAR EAGLE when i fly over dawgs farm. he now secretly likes the orange and blue

• somedevildawg likes this

#18 CowboyRam

CowboyRam

An ounce of doing is worth a pound of talk

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • LocationRiverton, WY

Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:49 PM

I'll bite Mike, I have a growing solar panel on top of my head, seems to be getting bigger every year.  :o  What some folks call a bald spot, the only advantageous thing I have is being 6' 4" tall a lot of folks can't see it if I stay standing up.  :D  :lol:  :P

Larry

My grandfather used to tell us grandkids that he stuck his head in a rabbit hole and they ate off his hair.  We believed that for the longest time.  

• Vol and somedevildawg like this

#19 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9945 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:07 PM

I yell WAR EAGLE when i fly over dawgs farm. he now secretly likes the orange and blue

My daughter almost went there, I wouldn’t have been too disappointed.....except that she might run into some kin over there and think she can date them :o. Sorry Tim.....I mean no harm, I just can’t help myself....

#20 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9945 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:15 PM

Was going to post my guess of Big Dawgs' secret, then though no I would just post a video. :o

Perhaps, we now know the real owner who shell remain almost famous on HT. ;) Sorry Todd for possible letting your secret out. I won't tell a soul, in Georgia that is. :D :lol:

Larry[/quote]

Well, my neighbor has a direct descendant of UGA, Georgiana....
They are so damn ugly they’re cute....look like little pigs and they make noises similar to little pigs.
But so sweet and lovable.....I’ve taken her to the vet a couple of times and she is a handful when she gets traction. But I have no ownership in UGA the dog, I do however have plenty of ownership (at least I should own a whole damn wing) in the UGA “experience” :o I sure am glad I gave up my season tickets tho.....can’t afford them things when you have a kid there.
  • Vol and r82230 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors