21 replies to this topic

#1 stack em up

stack em up

They say you’re a man of vision....

• Members
  • 2932 posts
  • LocationWatonwan County MN

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:43 PM

From AgWeb. Cuz apparently from now on I’m gonna have to make sure I’m not on Candid Camera when I need to drain the main vein in the tractor.

https://www.agweb.co...ome-open-fields
  • RockmartGA, Troy Farmer, NebTrac and 1 other like this

#2 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3546 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 10 August 2020 - 10:00 PM

Amazing is all I can say.................

Larry

#3 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9588 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 11 August 2020 - 05:45 AM

Wow :o

#4 Ox76

Ox76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • Locationwest central MO

Posted 11 August 2020 - 09:42 AM

That's asinine.  SCOTUS ruled that 4th amendment rights only extend to your immediate dwelling and not the land you own and pay taxes on?  BULL$H!T I says.

#5 RockmartGA

RockmartGA

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Georgia

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:27 PM

Three words:  Spanish Fighting Bulls.  Guaranteed to put trespassers, rogue game wardens, and sickly looking vegans on the run.

This is the first I have heard of the Open Fields Doctrine.  Surprised me.  I would have thought that any type of surveillance required a warrant.

#6 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15442 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 20 August 2020 - 06:12 PM

Good find stack. This is another land grab just like the navigable waters act. This is everyones future in dealings with the government. Just sickening. 

Regards, Mike

• Troy Farmer and Ox76 like this

#7 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15442 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 21 August 2020 - 08:20 AM

The latest.

https://ij.org/press...n-private-land/

Regards, Mike

• Troy Farmer likes this

#8 Farmerbrown2

Farmerbrown2

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationNEPA

Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:31 PM

So in other words if you find a camera on your property tie a rag over the lenses and walk away so they can’t get you for destruction of property.

#9 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15442 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 22 August 2020 - 03:28 AM

So in other words if you find a camera on your property tie a rag over the lenses and walk away so they can’t get you for destruction of property.

Place something over the camera from the backside and remove it then remove the batteries and then the sim card. Then go bury it. Then deny you know what they are talking about. NO proof. The fellas in the article admitted to removing the cameras. 

Regards, Mike

• r82230 likes this

#10 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3546 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 22 August 2020 - 07:48 AM

Place something over the camera from the backside and remove it then remove the batteries and then the sim card. Then go bury it. Then deny you know what they are talking about. NO proof. The fellas in the article admitted to removing the cameras. 

Regards, Mike

Similar to the three S's, in my neck of the woods................. make the bury part is like Jimmy Hoffa, except take a good heat source to the sim card first (acetylene torch comes to mind).  Melted, it would be un-recoverable for certain.  ;)

Larry

#11 Farmerbrown2

Farmerbrown2

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationNEPA

Posted 22 August 2020 - 09:00 PM

Thinking about this some more in the one article they land owners said the wardens trimmed tree branches I would think that is destruction of property? It’s no wonder why some people hate law enforcement so much.
  • Ox76 likes this

#12 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10882 posts
  • LocationNorth Liberty, Northern Indiana

Posted 23 August 2020 - 11:48 AM

I knew the DNR had more power than the state police as they can come on your property anytime they want, I did not know this included surveillance

#13 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15442 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 23 August 2020 - 02:24 PM

If you do not live in one of these 5 states, then the DNR or any other Wildlife agency can then trespass on you and spy on you without recourse according to Wiki.

Rejections of doctrine by state courts[edit]

Since Oliver, the highest courts of MontanaNew YorkOregon and Vermont, as well as a Washington state appeals court, have held that the open-fields doctrine does not apply in those states due to their state constitutions granting greater protections to citizens (under dual sovereignty a state may grant its citizens more rights than those guaranteed in the federal constitution). Since Katz grounded privacy in persons rather than places, they argue, landowners who have taken affirmative steps to exclude the public such as fencing or posting the bounds assert a privacy interest sufficient to prevail over any warrantless search of the property where common exceptions such as hot pursuit and plain view do not apply. Some of those opinions have been critical of not only Oliver but Hester.

In a 2017 concurring opinion where the doctrine did not come into play in overturning a Wisconsin farmer's convictions for threatening two state game wardens he believed had been illegal hunters trespassing on his land, Justice Rebecca Grassl of that state's Supreme Court was highly critical of it.[14]

Regards, Mike

• somedevildawg, stack em up and r82230 like this

#14 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9588 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 24 August 2020 - 12:41 PM

Nice try but I’m staying where I’m at :P
  • r82230 likes this

#15 slowzuki

slowzuki

• Members
  • 5454 posts
  • LocationNear Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 24 August 2020 - 03:50 PM

Same here, no trespassing signs pretty much allow you to shed liability for folks trespassing but they can’t stop game wardens, surveyors, fire fighters etc. Peace officers - anything they can see from public property (hot debate these days w drones etc) that would justify a search gets them onto property.

Big one here is fire, drug dealers piss off neighbours but police can’t do anything so neighbours call and report smoke coming from house. FD shows up and they do search of property for the fire. Any drug stuff they see has to be reported. Or the less fancy areas the neighbours will set a fire. Across the river from me they were fed up so set the dealers two cars on fire in the yard.

#16 rjmoses

rjmoses

Hay Master

• Members
  • 4858 posts
  • LocationNear St Louis

Posted 24 August 2020 - 04:38 PM

Welcome to "2020"--the live version of "1984".

Ralph

• Vol, FCF, somedevildawg and 4 others like this

#17 stack em up

stack em up

They say you’re a man of vision....

• Members
  • 2932 posts
  • LocationWatonwan County MN

Posted 29 August 2020 - 09:54 PM

My parents used to play cards with our former chief of police. He said a game warden has literally just a little bit less power than the President. That’s nuts when you think of it.

#18 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15442 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 30 August 2020 - 11:07 AM

My parents used to play cards with our former chief of police. He said a game warden has literally just a little bit less power than the President. That’s nuts when you think of it.

The reasoning behind that is that most everyone they meet out in "the field" is armed. Almost always they are working solo. And when the laws were written there were no field communications between the officers and headquarters. Since that early time they have used field radios and now cell phones. They need to be reeled in somewhat....especially about trespassing on private property without legitimate probable cause.

Regards, Mike

This is a snippet from a Game Warden article on ESPN.

"Federal statistics show that game wardens and Drug Enforcement Administration agents have the highest risk of death on the job. The game warden is three times more likely to be killed by gunfire in the line of duty than the California Highway Patrol officer."

• somedevildawg likes this

#19 BWfarms

BWfarms

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1463 posts
  • LocationGod's Country, North Carolina

Posted 31 August 2020 - 01:57 PM

A couple of years ago I talked to the game warden that's been in my area trying to quell poaching. As we talked I asked if he had been through my area and he said, "Yeah, seen all of your stands." I thought 'wow' didn't know he had been there but definitely not a problem because he won't catch me for violations. All I asked him to do is stay away from my stands during the rut. Then one day I was hunting and he went by me. I asked him later, "How come you didn't say hi when you went by? I thought you knew where all my stands were." He prided himself on being stealthy and I could tell it stung when I told him he was neither stealthy or saw me :)
  • Ox76 likes this

#20 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9588 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 01 September 2020 - 08:26 PM

This is a snippet from a Game Warden article on ESPN.

"Federal statistics show that game wardens and Drug Enforcement Administration agents have the highest risk of death on the job. The game warden is three times more likely to be killed by gunfire in the line of duty than the California Highway Patrol officer."[/size]

I certainly believe the snippet, but considering it’s source, it probably preceded an attempt to sway people as to why we need to get guns out of our society. Bunch of morons....I’ve been through with ESPN since that idiot used Monday night football halftime to berate the populous on the evils of guns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors