• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Turnbuckel

Turnbuckel

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 08 August 2020 - 02:42 PM

The net wrap on are baler dose not work properly. When i try to use the auto cycle button, it says net wrap not running, but the net wrap is being fed into to bale, we changed sensors and relays and still same thing. Reset the computer. Even when you try to run the thing manually it dose not always work right, dose not cut the net wrap.... im ready to burn the thing, maybe leave a wet bale in it ... i dont know.

#2 stack em up

stack em up

They say you’re a man of vision....

• Members
  • 2991 posts
  • LocationWatonwan County MN

Posted 08 August 2020 - 03:37 PM

If the net wrap is running but the controller says it isn’t, is almost think the signal wire is broken from the sensor to the controller?

As far as not cutting the net, that could be any number of possibilities.

#3 Turnbuckel

Turnbuckel

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 08 August 2020 - 04:41 PM

Ok. Ill try and look a little better if i can fi d a broken wire

#4 Gearclash

Gearclash

Hay Master (Supposedly)

• Members
  • 3346 posts
  • LocationSioux County, NWIA

Posted 08 August 2020 - 05:06 PM

What sort of system is used to detect that the net is being applied? We can have problems with ferrous dust building up on the magnetic sensors of our New Holland balers which will cause weird problems. Wiping the dust off the sensor once a day prevents problems.

#5 Turnbuckel

Turnbuckel

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 08 August 2020 - 06:07 PM

There is a wheel with 2 sensore on the net wrap. One is for bale count other is mesh wrap. Been looking over the wiring harness it seems okay. We put new sensors in as well. Ill try cleaning that wheel a little better.

#6 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 4224 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 09 August 2020 - 05:58 AM

What sort of system is used to detect that the net is being applied? We can have problems with ferrous dust building up on the magnetic sensors of our New Holland balers which will cause weird problems. Wiping the dust off the sensor once a day prevents problems.

May I ask with no intent of starting any brand turmoil where this ferrous dust originates from that needs to be removed??  Is it the type of soil that causes this problem? Can someone please post a photo of the sensor in question?   I'm curious because I've never had to remove dust on my rd balers elect switches since I purchased it used 13 yrs ago.

Thanks,Jim

#7 stack em up

stack em up

They say you’re a man of vision....

• Members
  • 2991 posts
  • LocationWatonwan County MN

Posted 09 August 2020 - 08:21 AM

May I ask with no intent of starting any brand turmoil where this ferrous dust originates from that needs to be removed??  Is it the type of soil that causes this problem? Can someone please post a photo of the sensor in question?   I'm curious because I've never had to remove dust on my rd balers elect switches since I purchased it used 13 yrs ago.
Thanks,Jim

Any proximity switch will pick up the dust, and it is mainly soil as far as I know. I guess I’ve never had it sent to a lab for testing though, I could be wrong.

To the OP, check the pin connectors as well, could be a loose teminal not making full contact or pin pushed back in the connector housing.

#8 mike10

mike10

• Members
  • 2403 posts
  • LocationSouthern Indiana

Posted 09 August 2020 - 08:39 AM

Jim, I had the same  question for gearclash in a previous post and he posted a picture at that time.  I am sure he will be along soon and either post the photo again or link to the thread with an explanation.  I had never heard of it either, but their soil must be loaded with more or less iron in a powder form.

• Tx Jim likes this

#9 Turnbuckel

Turnbuckel

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 09 August 2020 - 09:18 AM

Thanks guys, ill check the pin connectors over again. I did clean the sensors on the net wrap wheel. Other people i talked to have had similar issues with dirt/ chaff hay dust what ever messing with sensors im told. Ill keepnyou guys posted on what happens today
  • Vol and Turnbuckel like this

#10 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 4224 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 09 August 2020 - 09:26 AM

Jim, I had the same  question for gearclash in a previous post and he posted a picture at that time.  

I must have overlooked your question on same subject. At least I'm not alone!!
Jim

#11 Gearclash

Gearclash

Hay Master (Supposedly)

• Members
  • 3346 posts
  • LocationSioux County, NWIA

Posted 09 August 2020 - 09:30 AM

Thanks,Jim

https://www.haytalk....he-guard/page-6

• Vol and Tx Jim like this

#12 Turnbuckel

Turnbuckel

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:15 PM

Well massey mechanic came out did some more tests. Thinking its the controle module inside the baler beside the relay fuses.

#13 Turnbuckel

Turnbuckel

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 28 August 2020 - 10:59 AM

We never made a single bale with this baler this year. Was wiring harness. Even mentioned to mechanics we thought that was the problem. For a field ready baler from the dealership we aint very impressed.

#14 farmer85

farmer85

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 September 2020 - 07:34 AM

We never made a single bale with this baler this year. Was wiring harness. Even mentioned to mechanics we thought that was the problem. For a field ready baler from the dealership we aint very impressed.

Just relax. The reason your net wouldnt cut is because it didnt think it was putting any on. I know it's fixed now but in the future pull your monitor up and open the diagnostics screen and look at switches. You can diagnose any switch in that machine right there. Also almost all of the switches are the same so you may want to pick a couple up. When they get weak you have to adjust them closer tolerance so they work much like all machines. It's a pretty cool baler. I have 2 and fought my net for while too. Once I finally figured out my actuator was weak and replaced it, that thing just bales hay. I use to miss about 1 in 30 bales and have to rehit the auto cycle button. not any longer. And dont buy a cheap aftermarket actuator. Your twine switches are the same as most. I've robbed them out before and got by that way a day or two. Now that you have it fixed I'll bet you like the machine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors