• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Palmettokat

Palmettokat

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSC, about 20 miles west of Myrtle Beach

Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:40 AM

My youngest daughter house is near completion and their yard needs grading. Also have two fields need to install one an open ditch through and the other not sure can even drain it till grades are shot. I can rent laser lever for about $250 per week but issue is not able to finish those jobs in one week. Work gets in the way.   We can shoot all the grades in one day for about $90 rental but my other son in law who is engineer for roads in our county said you need level on the job to keep checking it. I can hire someone to do the grade shots but none we are comfortable with asking on borrowing equipment. Found out borrow often means paying for but not owning.

So am considering buying a laser level for these three jobs. Lowes has a Bosh that is $5?? we think would be sufficient but am asking for recommendations on a laser level or for the grade shooting period.  Thanks

#2 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3372 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:59 AM

How about buying what you need, then putting it on Craig's list or FB market place after your done with it?  Seems if you get anything within $250 of what you paid for you would be ahead.  And if you break you already own it.  :o

Larry

#3 stack em up

stack em up

They say you’re a man of vision....

• Members
  • 2867 posts
  • LocationWatonwan County MN

Posted 28 July 2020 - 11:10 AM

We have a Dewalt transit. Use it when we put up bins as far as site prep and leveling the forms. Think we paid $1300 12-13 years ago. Saw a used one on Craigslist couple months ago for $1000. Buy one, use it then sell it when you’re done?

Attached Files

#4 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9439 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:00 PM

I agree....I wouldn’t want to be without mine, used it today.
  • PaMike likes this

#5 Palmettokat

Palmettokat

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSC, about 20 miles west of Myrtle Beach

Posted 29 July 2020 - 04:50 PM

I am amazed the idea of buying and reselling did not enter my mind. Especially since I am in process of selling some equipment no longer need. DUH 

Thanks for waking up those brain cells.  

#6 PaMike

PaMike

Hay Master

• Members
  • 2362 posts
  • LocationLancaster County PA

Posted 30 July 2020 - 01:17 PM

I am amazed the idea of buying and reselling did not enter my mind. Especially since I am in process of selling some equipment no longer need. DUH 

Thanks for waking up those brain cells.  

If you buy one and want to sell it let me know. I bought a used $130 one off ebay 10 years ago. It still works..most of the time... but its time for an upgrade...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors