• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dieselmike

dieselmike

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Locationsoutheast

Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:50 PM

Got a fairly new 560 round baler and the bars that indicate bale size from right to left is not working right.  When you start to make  a bale they are both even in the middle. As the hay starts to gather up both bars go almost to the top and basically stay there. Can't see what the bale is doing. What's going on?  

#2 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9427 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:58 PM

I have no idea about a 560, haven’t seen one up close and personal....I would bet they use potentiometers to indicate bale size. First thing I would do, if you don’t already have one, get a owners manual and a shop manual if you can...they should point you in the right direction. How do the bales look when they come out of the baler?

#3 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3922 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 24 July 2020 - 06:27 AM

Dmike

I think you must have incorrectly typed in model # because JD didn't make a model 560 rd baler. Are bales even or uneven side to side when ejected from baler? How wide are the windrows you are attempting to bale? If close to 60'' wide & bales are level then IMHO monitor is responding correctly.

#4 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9427 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 24 July 2020 - 08:00 AM

I thought he was talking about the newest balers out from JD.....still not sure that’s the right model# but that’s what I was asssuming.....you know what that assuming does :o

#5 dieselmike

dieselmike

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Locationsoutheast

Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:44 PM

Sorry for the wrong model number. It's a 460M.  The baler makes perfect bales with good size windrows.  I run it on special occasions but I normally just run the service side of farm operations.  Our other 460M starts off with about half the bars showing and quickly indicates bale shape.  

Being a newbie at round baling I would like the bar graph to help me in making a nice bale.

As a side note the other baler was indicating wrong at  about two bars off.  Instead of recalibrating the bale sensor I pulled up the 007 channel and changed the number on the screen from 469 to 400 and the monitor started reading perfectly....  Anybody have Info on what those numbers represent?  That was a quick fix in the field and I wonder what I changed.  Might help those who have the same problem with irregular bar reading. 

Appreciate any advice,, The operators manual does not have all the info you guys have.

#6 dieselmike

dieselmike

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Locationsoutheast

Posted 24 July 2020 - 06:07 PM

Dmike

I think you must have incorrectly typed in model # because JD didn't make a model 560 rd baler. Are bales even or uneven side to side when ejected from baler? How wide are the windrows you are attempting to bale? If close to 60'' wide & bales are level then IMHO monitor is responding correctly.

I hope it's responding like it should be the other baler shows the bars rising.  Will find out next baling on some windrows that are small in size.  Asked the other operator about this and he never even paid any attention to it. But he has over 40 years baling and just "knows" what it is doing. I on the other hand need all the help I can get.  We sell a lot of horse hay and since we can't seem to get more money for our bales we are concentrating on not over sizing any bales and giving away hay on big bales. So exact size is our goal.

#7 dvcochran

dvcochran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 26 July 2020 - 08:09 PM

I hope it's responding like it should be the other baler shows the bars rising.  Will find out next baling on some windrows that are small in size.  Asked the other operator about this and he never even paid any attention to it. But he has over 40 years baling and just "knows" what it is doing. I on the other hand need all the help I can get.  We sell a lot of horse hay and since we can't seem to get more money for our bales we are concentrating on not over sizing any bales and giving away hay on big bales. So exact size is our goal.

Purely out of curiosity; what prompted you to change the number to 400? Hope it will help someone else.  

• dieselmike likes this

#8 dieselmike

dieselmike

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Locationsoutheast

Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:52 PM

Purely out of curiosity; what prompted you to change the number to 400? Hope it will help someone else.  

I was in the field with 200 bales to go and I wanted the monitor to reflect what was going on.. I could watch the monitor and get what I thought was a even bale, only to get a crooked bale... I knew I could change the numbers so I bumped the low side up by getting channel CH007 and bumped the numbers up by about 50. I noticed right off the bat on the next bale the bars were almost even when the bale started. It never started off even before. Well the next bale looked real good so I tweaked it a bit more and the bale came out perfect.

As a side note (our twin baler to this one.) Neither the left CH007 or right CH009  read the same but it makes great bales. One says 389 and the other 527... So matching the numbers does not mean even bales. As of now I still don't know what the numbers represent.. Maybe potentiometer voltage.  Like 500 = 1/2 volt???

I notice a lot of monitors start off reading with a different amount of bars.    Perhaps I have ran across something no one has tried before...

If this helps you read it here first.

• krone.1, r82230 and dvcochran like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors