Ogden Hybrid Hay runner with 44" kicker wheels - Machinery - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community

Photo
- - - - -

Ogden Hybrid Hay runner with 44" kicker wheels

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Toxxie24

Toxxie24

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMS

Posted 22 July 2020 - 10:23 PM

Just curious if anyone has had any dealings with the 44" kicker wheels on the back? I recently purchased a used  rake and have not had a chance to try it out yet. Since purchase I have heard they can be a bit aggravating. 

#2 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15344 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:57 PM

Yeah, I think that is why they moved them to the front on later production. Maybe call Ogden and see if you can get a kit or pieces to move them from the rear to the front. 

Regards, Mike

• Toxxie24 likes this

#3 Toxxie24

Toxxie24

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMS

Posted 23 July 2020 - 09:39 PM

Yeah, I think that is why they moved them to the front on later production. Maybe call Ogden and see if you can get a kit or pieces to move them from the rear to the front. 

Regards, Mike

I plan to call them tomorrow and see if there are any upgrades or modifications that have been made to improve the operation of the rear mounted kicker wheels. I also wonder if the issue may be due to the are operated , such as raking through curves, on the sides of hills, or at higher groundspeeds. 

#4 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15344 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 24 July 2020 - 08:29 AM

I think it was more of an overload problem with the kicker and the windrow narrowing all jammed up at the exit when in heavy hay.

Regards, Mike

#5 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3372 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:18 AM

I think it was more of an overload problem with the kicker and the windrow narrowing all jammed up at the exit when in heavy hay.

Regards, Mike

+1. 

At 44", are those smaller than the main rake wheels by chance?  If so, Mike is spot on with the overload thought.

Larry

#6 Toxxie24

Toxxie24

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMS

Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:34 AM

+1. 

At 44", are those smaller than the main rake wheels by chance?  If so, Mike is spot on with the overload thought.

Larry

I talked with a guy at Ogden yesterday. thick hay overload was the biggest issue. He said he still had customers that requested the rear kickers. that made me feel much better because when the hay is that thick we usually run a tedder. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors