• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 560Dennis

560Dennis

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationNorth East Ohio

Posted 21 July 2020 - 07:51 PM

We just bought this baler. I want to ask some questions , I don’t have a manual it’s at the farm. 
Im getting this info from my son who has with originals owner tried to use it. This is what he said transpired as best I can offer. 
so I will ask some questions that may be invalid cause I’ve not seen it run at all running. We have a ih 560 Pto power 

First  off my son said there a Some kind road switch that should have been disengaged before we took it home to the farm behind the pickup . Is that right ? We didn’t go over 25 mph . This may be what cause some of the issues below ,I don’t know. 

It won’t  tie at all .My son said that the needles are not moving at all . Also the bale Bale limit wheel will not release to cycle the tie . If your able to follow that great Or the tie cycle is not moving though the tie process .

To me that would be a shear pin , it must not cycle because it can’t . 

Well if I got out there tomorrow or Thursday it would be nice to have some pre check out things to look for . 

thank you so much for any help you can provide the rookies !

best I can do for now I’m sure there will be .

#2 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3938 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 22 July 2020 - 06:01 AM

Bale length measuring wheel & associated mechanism must move in order to release trip dog so knotter shaft can be powered to pull needles into knotter area. I've never seen or heard of a small "sq baler road switch" BUT I'm not familiar with MF224 balers.

Before operating be sure piungerhead stop is in operational condition!!!

• 560Dennis likes this

#3 I farm with junk

I farm with junk

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWest Central il

Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:36 PM

Thee road switch is probably on the tongue ,it has a loop to tie a rope so you can swing the baler to make it narrower for road travel! Since I don't think you have much experience with the problem child's i'll try to save you a lot of headachs. Always loosen the master slip clutch on the flywheel they will seize up on the own there is two fiber discs and a steel one make sure they are seporated! Tighe the bolts till they bottom out. Next disconnect the needed swing arm a swing by hand to make sure the plunger stop is working if works reconnect. When the star wheel trips the needles if may take awhile for needles to engage. Any ?? You can call at 3093399011 , i'am still attending the colege of hard knocks best of luck!
  • 560Dennis likes this

#4 560Dennis

560Dennis

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationNorth East Ohio

Posted 24 July 2020 - 08:42 PM

Not had a chance to see it to apply any suggestions ,rains every other day 

#5 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3938 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:10 PM

I guess I'm old school because to me changing tongue position on small sq baler is going from transport to field position or vice versa IE no switch involved.

• Wethay likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors