• somedevildawg and r82230 like this

#2 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9453 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 16 July 2020 - 08:51 PM

Very Good!
I wish they would go one step further and test this.....which is better, coveredge or 48” net when butted together. The Germans seem to think 48” that butts together continues the “thatched roof” concept with no interruption, whereas the coveredge will allow water to seep.....I wonder which they were using for their test? Good info tho.....

#3 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3945 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:11 AM

Very Good!
I wish they would go one step further and test this.....which is better, coveredge or 48” net when butted together. The Germans seem to think 48” that butts together continues the “thatched roof” concept with no interruption, whereas the coveredge will allow water to seep.....I wonder which they were using for their test? Good info tho.....

I vote with the Germans on choosing 48'' over Coveredge. I wonder if my choice is due to the fact my Mom's parents emigrated from Germany has any bearing on my view point?????????

• somedevildawg and JD3430 like this

#4 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9453 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:37 AM

Deep in your DNA Jim.....

#5 JD3430

JD3430

"Trump deplorable"

• Members
  • 10774 posts
  • LocationPA/DE border

Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:07 AM

I vote with the Germans on choosing 48'' over Coveredge. I wonder if my choice is due to the fact my Mom's parents emigrated from Germany has any bearing on my view point?????????

Me, too. My real last name is Lorenz. Last name changed to Anglo Saxon name at the outbreak of WW II. 

I hear Texas is loaded with Germans.

#6 SCtrailrider

SCtrailrider

• Members
  • 864 posts
  • Locationupstate South Carolina

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:09 PM

I like my shed, no water at all.... I tried everything and had a lot of waist, worth every cent....

Attached File  001.JPG   197.74KB   0 downloads

• ozarkian, somedevildawg and r82230 like this

#7 chevytaHOE5674

chevytaHOE5674

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • LocationOntonagon, Mi

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:12 PM

Hay shed is great if you can afford it (which is easier the fewer bales you use). Building a building to house 800 or 1k+ bales and will withstand 8 foot of snow on the roof is very costly. SCtrailriders shed wouldn't last thru its first November UP here.
  • dvcochran likes this

#8 SCtrailrider

SCtrailrider

• Members
  • 864 posts
  • Locationupstate South Carolina

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:09 PM

True, I only store 100 a year...

#9 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3945 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:33 PM

Me, too. My real last name is Lorenz. Last name changed to Anglo Saxon name at the outbreak of WW II. 

I hear Texas is loaded with Germans.

Search me if I have a clue how many Germans live in Texas. All I know is my mothers maiden name was Ueckert & her mothers maiden name was Pfeifer

#10 Texasmark

Texasmark

Hay Master

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:28 AM

Search me if I have a clue how many Germans live in Texas. All I know is my mothers maiden name was Ueckert & her mothers maiden name was Pfeifer

Schulenburg, Giddings, La Grange, Hallettsville, Weimer, New Braunfels, Goliad, Seguin, Schertz, Brenham,.......to name a few "Burgs".

And let us not forget Fredericksburg, Home of Chester A. Nimitz, Pacific Fleet Commander, USN, WWII.

I went to school with a Frederick S. Burg from guess where in the 7th and 8th grades.   He was bi-lingual as you would guess and fluent in both. 

#11 Trillium Farm

Trillium Farm

• Members
  • 916 posts
  • LocationDurham Region/Southern Ontario

Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:12 PM

Und vot iss Nimitz an irish name? Gott im Himmel vot am I zinking? :D

• JD3430 likes this

#12 Texasmark

Texasmark

Hay Master

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 05:38 PM

Und vot iss Nimitz an irish name? Gott im Himmel vot am I zinking? :D

V gate es enen.  Es gate mer goot en z?

I did something different this year, rather than hide my hay under every covering (shed variety) I could find, I told my main buyer, who just bought a new tractor and it's not getting much use, to come and get it.  Saved him delivery fees and got to play with his new toy.  For me, freed up my covered space for my toys and he got to see what my fresh hay looked like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors