• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Woodbridge

Woodbridge

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCaldwell Texas

Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:34 PM

I have a 535 Deere baler with net on it. I have baled with it for many years, and I like that its fairly simple and mechanical. It makes a good tight bale and I can usually figure out and solve problems that crop up. Actually I have used this website alot, researching problems and the solutions posted here, mostly by TX Jim and a few others. Well anyway, last time in the field I had trouble with the twine arms not staying in the home position. They would cycle fine and end up correctly, but while I baled the next bale they would begin to slip backward out of home. Other than turning the solid yellow light on, it didnt really cause a problem until they snuck back far enough to interfere with the windrow getting picked up. I cant find any oil leak, although I do have to add a couple ounces of oil maybe two or three times a year. I didnt change the twine pump filter this year; but I will now. Would a bad Oring in the spool valve cause this issue? I cant find any posts on this particular subject, so I signed up.

• somedevildawg likes this

#2 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9453 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:22 PM

Welcome Woodbridge I’m sure Jim has seen this issue....I think the 535 is a great baler for the reasons you posted...I have no idea to the cause of your problem however.

#3 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3945 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 16 July 2020 - 07:11 AM

Have you checked twine pump linkage to be sure it's latching when tailgate is closed after ejecting a completed bale? If linkage is latching then I'll need to give your balers problem some thought. I think spool valve isn't the problem but cylinder piston packing may be faulty. When tractor engine off manually push on twine tube to determine the amount of difficulty to move tubes. Are you utilizing twine or net to wrap bales? I'm trying to remember the hyd schematics for a 535 baler with twine & net as it's been many yrs since I operated a 435 rd baler. I remember the 2 hyd systems are tied together & twine tubes cycle even when net is applied to bale.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors