• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 misutton

misutton

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMid Ohio Valley - WV

Posted 12 July 2020 - 10:08 PM

New to me br7060 with bc+. This is my first controller baler as my last baler was a trusty chain 847. Got it home, wired up controller and turned it on. After a short start up cycle, I have an issue. The screen reads '30', the yellow light in corner blinks, it beeps and finally, the chamber fill bar for the right side blinks at one bar. The left has 4 bars solid. The chamber is empty. I'm sure there is a setup screen and diagnostic screen. I have no user manual or tech manual. I have hay down and will order these tomorrow. Any insight?

#2 BWfarms

BWfarms

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1460 posts
  • LocationGod's Country, North Carolina

Posted 12 July 2020 - 11:00 PM

I have a Bale Command II but they are similar. The lights I do not know but the other parts I can help. The 30 is the beginning point, it will go up as the chamber fills. As far as your side sensors, check to make sure they are not plugged up or seized linkage.

Wired directly to the battery?

#3 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3381 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:09 AM

Welcome mis to HT,  as BW mentions check the sensors on each side of your baler.  Sounds like one is stuck (left side).  And definitely wire direct to battery could save you a fair amount of headaches in the future.  ;)

Larry

#4 mike10

mike10

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • LocationSouthern Indiana

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:18 AM

The information on the screen will guide you to the problem area.  Since you see 30, which is correct, there is not a current sensor fault pertaining to the tailgate, actuator or wrap.  In any of the three situations you would see "error" and a small triangle flashing under one of the titles around the screen.  If there was a fault with the bale shape sensor then instead of four bars flashing you would see 10 bars flashing.

In your case since you have none of the above, you have a stuck sensor on the left side, which is common.  Take the black cover off the sensor mount.  Sometimes just removing the debris will free the sensor, but usually requires removing the potentiometer and the round mount with arm.  The arm pivots in the round mount and being on the top side of the mounting bracket, can stick in the bushing of the round mount.  Remove the round mount, the snap ring holding the arm in the mount and then remove and clean the arm shaft and bushing.

On reassembly you will need to calibrate the potentiometer.  Press and hold the open book button, below the on/off button, until the alarm sounds.  You will see 1 on the left side of the screen and the programmed bale size on the right.  Press and release the open book button and the left number will show 2,  Continue to press and release the open book button until 15 is displayed on the left.  The left bale shape bar should be flashing.  Rotate the Potentiometer until the number on the right is between 20 and 30.  Tighten the small screws.  Press and hold the "-" button until the alarm sounds.  Now pull the plate out of the bale chamber that is attached to the arm you freed up.  You will see a small hole in the end of the plate.  Install a 1/8" cotter pin in the hole and let the spring pull the cotter pin against the baler side sheet.  Now press and hold the "+" button until the alarm sounds.  Remove the cotter pin and shut the monitor off.

• DSLinc1017 and r82230 like this

#5 Gearclash

Gearclash

Hay Master (Supposedly)

• Members
  • 3198 posts
  • LocationSioux County, NWIA

Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:28 AM

Since this is a new to you baler, I would recommend testing the netwrap system before baling.  With the tractor engine off and the net wrap door of the baler open so you can see what is going on, turn the monitor on.  When system is ready, push and hold the ‘Wrap' button until you hear the long beep that indicates the baler will wrap.  You should be able to see the duckbill move into the insert position, then because the baler is not running it will move back to the home position and show an error.  When the duckbill moves back to the home position you should hear a bang as the net knife trips.  Push the ‘Clear’ button to clear the error.  This is a good way to find out if there are any power supply and mechanical problems before it is time to bale, and it also gets you familiar with operating the monitor.

• Vol, r82230 and swall01 like this

#6 misutton

misutton

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 09:36 PM

I want to thank everyone for the replies. I will definitely look things over and post what I find.

#7 misutton

misutton

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 04:39 PM

Sensor was dirty on left side just like Mike10 said. Thanks guys.
  • Vol likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors