Looking for Gehl 2170 Haybine Parts - Machinery - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for Gehl 2170 Haybine Parts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ddtca95

ddtca95

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 12:16 PM

Looking for any suggestions for sources to purchase socket assemblies (200-32366 & 200-32448) for a Gehl 2170 haybine since they are no longer available through my local dealer.

Would consider new or good used parts (from salvaged units, etc.).  Not in a huge rush but would like to have them on hand.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3372 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 08 July 2020 - 12:43 PM

dd, welcome aboard HT,

Do you happen to have a picture or two to show what you are looking for, encase some doesn't have a parts book handy?

And what is your location, for those who might know someone / place in your neck of the woods.

Larry

• 8350HiTech likes this

#3 ddtca95

ddtca95

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the note.  It looks like there is lots of great information on HT.

Here is a picture of one of the socket assemblies. On the upper / long one, the tie rod end attaches to the pitman arm assembly, with the other end fastened to the wobble assembly with two bolts.

Attached File  Gehl 2170 Socket Assy.png   771.33KB   1 downloads

The other (lower) one has a bit shorter tie rod end and is located closer to the knife.

I have also attached a link to the parts manual:

https://cdnmedia.end...partsmanual.pdf

The parts are on pg. 21 (Pitman and Wobble Arm Drive) - reference #8 and #16 on the diagram.

I'm located about 40 minutes from Port Huron, Michigan.  These parts are small enough (and not too heavy) that shipping from distant areas (US or Canada) may be an option.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to give me any leads on these parts.

#4 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3372 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 08 July 2020 - 04:41 PM

Have you tried calling/e-mailing these guys?

https://www.germanbl...ts-agricultural

or Shoups

Have you considered a local machine shop creating (re-creating).  Being you live in my 'neck of the woods' (I'm about 40 miles due west of PH or Canada for the geography buffs, I can also go about 50+ miles due south to Canada :cool: ).  So I know there are a lot of machine shops around, with a lot of talent (hopefully hasn't retired).

Looks like you are dealing with around a 30 year old machine, that's become a orphan.  Maybe purchase a back up/spare part machine is in order even.

Larry 

• 8350HiTech likes this

#5 ddtca95

ddtca95

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:21 PM

I have talked with German Bliss - no luck - the part has been discontinued / NLA by Gehl.

I'll check with Shoups.  I had hoped that there might be someone out there with some old spare parts stock out there or a salvage unit.  There are surprisingly quite a few of these older units still in use.  I was talking with a salvage dealer in Canada earlier today and he said that he wished that he had about 50 of these parts available - given all of the requests that he has had for them recently.

I'll also check out the machine shop option.  Thanks for the suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors