• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 smurph

smurph

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:32 AM

Haven't posted in a while, but was wondering if someone could help me out.  I bought an older used 7060 NH round baler.  I have the bale size set at approx. five feet dia. bales, however the autowrap still only triggered at the maximum six foot dia bale size.  I temporarily fixed this by putting a one inch spacer at the junction of the clutch release and  the cable the leading to the bale size indicator bar on the baler.  This basically worked to shorten the cable.  This worked to finish the hay season, but my bale monitor (the small basic verision) alarm does not trigger until the bale is at six feet.  I just turned it of and baled using the gages on the baler which worked fine.  anybody know how i need to fix the issue.  Seems like the cable might be to long?

#2 mike10

mike10

• Members
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationSouthern Indiana

Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:26 PM

I will try to help, but there are several statements that are unclear as to the meaning of what you are trying to convey.  First, the 7060 maximum bale size is five ft.  Do you have a 7090 or 7070?  The spacer placement is not clear since the cable to the bale size indicator bar is not connected to the auto wrap.  The alarm only sounds when the auto wrap is tripped regardless of bale size. So if the autowrap is tripping automatically and tying automatically the alarm should sound and is not dependent on being 6ft.  Tripping the manual trip handle with no bale in the baler will cause the alarm to sound.

Depending on the model some balers had the cable attached to a lever and at the bottom of the lever was a plate the cable was actually attached to.  That plate had a slotted hole so the plate the cable was attached to could be moved to change when the cable tripped the auto wrap.  There should also be a hairpin in the plug that is at the other end of the cable so you can adjust the bale size.

#3 smurph

smurph

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:12 PM

Yes I made several mistakes on that post.  Went home at lunch and checked baler.  It is a 7070.  I shimmed the cable/lever pin to make it trip the stringer at 5ft.  becausese it would not release until bale was six FT. even at the smallest bale setting (using the cotter pin).  Even though that is working, the monitor is not working now.   I cant remember if it was constantly ringing or not going off at all.  It is not the monitor, because it is the same as my 740 baler and I switched them out with the same result.

#4 mike10

mike10

• Members
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationSouthern Indiana

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:20 AM

You might want to look at the bracket the chain,which is attached to the cable at the top of the baler, There are different holes, I believe, that the chain can be installed into which should change the trip point.  

Check the sliding bracket at the bottom where the cable is pinned.  At the end of the sliding plate is a rod welded to the end of the sliding plate.  The rod should always be behind the bracket that trips the auto wrap and not in the notch in the trip bracket..  Look at my pinned post "My NH Repair etc" for information on the auto wrap on how it works and maintenance.

The switch for the auto wrap alarm is under the gearbox which drives the auto wrap.  There is a bracket that rotates on the bottom of the vertical shaft that activates the switch.  I think there might be information on that in my pinned post also.  To check if the switch is bad, take a wire and jump between the two terminals of the switch with wires and the alarm should sound.  if the alarm sounds, the switch is more than likely bad.  When the roller of the switch is not in contact with the high portions of the rotating bracket, the alarm should sound.

#5 smurph

smurph

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:37 AM

Mike thank you so much for your help.  The problem with the monitor was almost exactly what you identified.  The rotating bracket was lose and not functioning, problem solved.  i will do more investigating on the chain/ cable position,  but I think we fixed the primary issue!  have a great day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors