What to put on cattle trailer floor so it won't be slippery - Page 2 - Farm Trucks & Trailers - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 2

Photo
- - - - -

What to put on cattle trailer floor so it won't be slippery

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Texasmark

Texasmark

Hay Master

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:19 AM

Forget the rubber horse stuff.  Cattle panels over treated 2x6 (cheaper than 2x10) bathed in old hydraulic fluid or something of the sort, secured with 2" staples.  Works great, not all that heavy and cleans up nicely.

#22 PACattleman

PACattleman

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:36 AM

I have a Corn  Pro  16 ft gooseneck,  I use about 6 shovels full of limestone dust before each haul.  Then pressure wash the trailer out within a day. Cleans out real easy and my thinking is the lime will neutralize the acid some and keep the steel from rusting. The trailer is a 2005 and still looks great inside rust wise. It gives my fat animals enough grit to stand with out slipping and sliding around. Washing it out sooner than later makes it clean up easy.     20 to 30 minutes

#23 Aaroncboo

Aaroncboo

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • LocationHomer Glenn ILL

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:19 AM

Yep that's the same reason I use crack corn. It's cheap so one gallon bucket full is more than enough for some traction and If I spread it out right away my chickens and peacocks pick through and eat all the corn.

#24 Anti Slip Support

Anti Slip Support

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationRiviera Beach, Florida

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:28 PM

Good afternoon. I am new to the forum here when I came across the "slippery trailer floor" issue. We manufacture anti slip floor coatings that apply like paint. The anti slip aggregate is available in a crumb rubber (like at water parks) Soft Tread or a hard grit (like sandpaper) Safe Tread. Both version come in 12 standard and 4 safety colors. The safe tread is also available in a clear formula as well. Feel free to email me if there are any other questions. I hope this helps with any future repairs. Peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors