Arev you wet or dry - Page 3 - Weather Talk - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 3

Photo
- - - - -

Arev you wet or dry

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 BWfarms

BWfarms

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationGod's Country, North Carolina

Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:23 AM

We are running cool all week in the 50/60s with rain. I've had so much rain that I had to support my sweet corn due to the roots not running deep.

I'm okay with it, the bucks are putting on nice head gear.

#42 BWfarms

BWfarms

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:16 AM

This has been the most frustrating year to make hay! I can't cobble together a decent window of opportunity to wrap up first cutting. The forecast has held an impeccable streak of being correct about rainfall.

Attached File  IMG_5013.PNG   212.27KB   0 downloads
  • JD3430 likes this

#43 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15299 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:13 AM

It has been really tough here also. It will pass and life will go on. I am grateful for every day that the Good Lord allows me to roam His earth....even days that don't go as I would like for them. 

Regards, Mike

• Shetland Sheepdog likes this

#44 JD3430

JD3430

"Trump deplorable"

• Members
  • 10714 posts
  • LocationPA/DE border

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:03 AM

This has been the most frustrating year to make hay! I can't cobble together a decent window of opportunity to wrap up first cutting. The forecast has held an impeccable streak of being correct about rainfall.

attachicon.gifIMG_5013.PNG

Thats a tough forecast. Similar here. I’ve been dodging intermittent rain now for a month. It’ll rain just enough to dampen anything I cut. 
Made 99) 17% bales yesterday, then rained 5 minutes after I parked the baling tractor in the shed.  Still have 25 acres of ROH laying.
It rains just enough that I can’t get hay below 15% in a bale without excessive color loss....

Really beginning to wonder if wrapped bales would be a consideration for me, but don’t know if I have the ability to find a market for them

#45 BWfarms

BWfarms

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 02:27 PM

It has been really tough here also. It will pass and life will go on. I am grateful for every day that the Good Lord allows me to roam His earth....even days that don't go as I would like for them. 

Regards, Mike

I can be optimistic and frustrated at the same time. It's more out of boredom really. I don't have a whole lot going on right now but I want to get finished with the last little bit.
  • Vol likes this

#46 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15299 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:17 PM

I can be optimistic and frustrated at the same time. It's more out of boredom really. I don't have a whole lot going on right now but I want to get finished with the last little bit.

Yeah, and the thing is about 5-6 weeks from now we will be complaining about the drought were in. :)

Regards, Mike

• BWfarms likes this

#47 IHCman

IHCman

• Members
  • 1311 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:59 PM

Got .55 this morning. Really needed it and really appreciated it. Next few days are forecasted to be hot, uppper 80s low 90s, will dry it up fast. A few chances of rain also. I could stand to have a little hay rained on if it means rain to keep the pastures green and help the crops.

• Vol likes this

#48 luke strawwalker

luke strawwalker

Hay Master

• Members
  • 2958 posts
  • LocationNeedville and Shiner, TX

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:38 AM

Been a little cooler than normal overall, though we've had a few hot days, lil above normal.  Rain was about normal I guess, til this past week we got 4.5 inches here at Needville for the week and I'm not sure how much at Shiner-- maybe 2 according to FarmLogs app... should know tomorrow when I get up there to check the gauge... 

Much needed and much appreciated!  OL J R :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors