How to remove gate lift cylinder on JD 530 Baler - Machinery - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community

Photo
- - - - -

How to remove gate lift cylinder on JD 530 Baler

machinery hay

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Runningbare

Runningbare

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:09 PM

I have a John Deere 530 baler and fluid is leaking from the top of one of the gate lift cylinders.  It is to the point now that the gate latches won't operate correctly and I have to lift and drop the gate quickly several times and hold my tongue just right to get the gate to latch again.  I have decided to remove the cylinder and let JD replace the seals but I am wondering how to go about removing the cylinder from the baler.  The top looks easy but how is the bottom of the cylinder attached to the baler? I see a lot of information regarding replacing seals but not removing the cylinder.

#2 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 4383 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:35 AM

IIRC one removes capscrew(key 1) then pull the pin to free bottom of gate cylinder.

Attached Files

#3 Runningbare

Runningbare

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:03 AM

Thanks for the explanation and schematic Jim!  That sounds too easy! I will let you know how it goes.

#4 Runningbare

Runningbare

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:45 PM

All went well and the job was as easy as it looked.  JD shop rebuilt the cylinder for $180 which was worth it for me and my time. Thanks for the info Jim!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: machinery, hay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors