New Holland self propelled baler - Page 5 - Machinery - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 5

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

New Holland self propelled baler

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 Three44s

Three44s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • LocationE WA

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:20 AM

An evaporator shaped like the original or any tractor for that matter would also cost an arm and a leg from what I have seen thus far but you might get lucky. A more rectangular unit like found in a common pick up or say a Suburban looks a lot more economical. But you will also need to be mindful of what fittings it is set up for .... so many pitfalls!

Also most if not all have their dimensions listed so you can judge what sort of housing you will need to conjur up. It would look weird but a heater/ac housing in it’s entirety and build a little enclosure over it? You have a fan with it and controls etc.

Best of all, you have some time to search and “scheme” .... lol

Best regards

Three44s

#82 nhbaler282

nhbaler282

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:53 PM

Three44s when you have time would you measure the pulley on the shaft that runs the air compressor that is another thing I have to look at I would like to fix as close as original as I can they know more about it than I do and I do have the speedrower to go by the evaporator and fan is all the same in both cabs that will help a lot

#83 Three44s

Three44s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • LocationE WA

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:15 PM

nhbaler282,

You bet!

Best regards

Three44s
  • nhbaler282 likes this

#84 wiedelcd

wiedelcd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Locationminden nebraska

Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:59 PM

i purchased my fathers 1282 about 4 years ago.  I have very good luch thus far but this year i am havign vari drive issues as well as a bad clutch.  bearing are showing thier age, and clutch parts are no longer serviced by new holland.  any one have some ideas where i can get a clutch and pressure plate with throw out bearing that will work?

#85 Three44s

Three44s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • LocationE WA

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:47 AM

Wiedelcd,

I am told the clutch and pressure plate are the same as a certain vintage Studebaker pup. The bearings may still be available from NH

Three44s.

#86 farmsled

farmsled

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSW Manitoba

Posted 06 November 2020 - 12:08 AM

I know this is a longshot, but, I would like to get some info on where I might be able to purchase a self propelled baler. Preferably a 1425 or 1426 as I would like to find one with a cab. Thanks

#87 Trillium Farm

Trillium Farm

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • LocationDurham Region/Southern Ontario

Posted 06 November 2020 - 09:42 AM

I know this is a longshot, but, I would like to get some info on where I might be able to purchase a self propelled baler. Preferably a 1425 or 1426 as I would like to find one with a cab. Thanks

You're panning for gold! They weren't very popular, there is a reason why they went extinct.

#88 Three44s

Three44s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • LocationE WA

Posted 06 November 2020 - 11:59 PM

Not plentiful, but not extinct either.

Three44s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors