5 replies to this topic

#1 pschmitter

pschmitter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Locationsouthern maryland

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:22 PM

Hello everyone,

I have an old NH 315 Baler and during my last cutting, i broke the needles and it also broke the yolk. "Lucky me..." :(

I'm looking all over to find a new yolk for my baler, the needles are easy to find, but the yolk....not so much. Does anyone know where i could get one, either use or aftermarket?

Your help is much appreciated.

#2 8350HiTech

8350HiTech

Hay Master

• Members
  • 5228 posts
  • LocationOrrstown, PA

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

In Pennsylvania, Fry's Machinery, Yingling's Equipment, Keiter's Machinery (not the combine dealer), Esh Hay, or Creekside Equipment would all provide good chances to find a good used one.
  • Farmerbrown2 likes this

#3 mike10

mike10

• Members
  • 2279 posts
  • LocationSouthern Indiana

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:46 PM

If it is just the needle mounting tabs which are bent back, then remove the yoke and take a hammer and drive them back down.  Usually only need to bend them down about 1/4".  It does require installing the yoke and the needles to see if you went far enough or too far.  After things are back where they need to be, then weld the tabs where the welds may have broken or pulled.  I have not replaced a needle yoke in years because of broken needles.

You also need to check your needle safety latch to make sure it is working to prevent this problem from occurring again.

#4 glasswrongsize

glasswrongsize

Goontard

• Members
  • 1782 posts
  • LocationThe part of IL where 'possum is "the other white meat"

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:36 PM

Hello everyone,

I have an old NH 315 Baler and during my last cutting, i broke the needles and it also broke the yolk. "Lucky me..." :(

I'm looking all over to find a new yolk for my baler, the needles are easy to find, but the yolk....not so much. Does anyone know where i could get one, either use or aftermarket?

Your help is much appreciated.

I ain't trying to be a grammar nazi, but in this case it may help. If you are internet searching for "yolk" for your baler, try "yoke" as that is the proper spelling for the object you wish to obtain.

Mark

• 8350HiTech likes this

#5 Tx Jim

Tx Jim

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3922 posts
  • LocationCoyote Flats,Texas

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:55 AM

Although I agree with repairing as Mike10 suggested according to Messicks needle yoke for both serial number ranges are still available.  DITTO on checking operation of safety dog. 

Attached Files

#6 pschmitter

pschmitter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Locationsouthern maryland

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:56 AM

Hi everyone thanks for the response, i'll try to call some of the equipment company's in  Pennsylvania. I'm not much of a welder, but if i can't find a replacement part i might try it, thanks Mike 10.

As for the spelling Mark, yes i know i misspelled it...lol, thanks for noticing it though.

I'll also check Messick again, i might have missed that.

Thanks guys

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NH, Baler, parts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors