How to choose the right hay baler article - Page 2 - Machinery - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 2

Photo
- - - - -

How to choose the right hay baler article

hay baler john deere new holland square round

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 hcriddle

hcriddle

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationBurton, TX

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:04 AM

Reede that is a great idea about dropping off trailers and letting me load them.

If they come to pick up in the field they will not be allowed out in the field. I worry less about them getting hurt and more about them tearing up my fields. My wife or son-in-love will drive their truck and trailer in the field while I load and then we will bring it back to the barn for them.

I agree that weather can throw a serious kink in the plan. Fortunately when I work, I work a lot and as a result I have lots of comp time and vacation time built up that will allow me to take off work to get things caught up. Then it will be a matter of getting the fields spaced out again to the schedule.

Keep em coming guys. I much prefer to learn here than learn the hard way!

• Tim/South likes this

#22 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3981 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:20 AM

Keep em coming guys. I much prefer to learn here than learn the hard way!

Plus I think you will find it is a LOT cheaper learning here on HT. IMHO :)  All though some of us are pretty good at spending YOUR money on tractors/equipment (it's even worst if you give us pictures of the tractors/equipment to look at ;)).

Larry

• somedevildawg likes this

#23 hcriddle

hcriddle

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationBurton, TX

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:34 AM

Plus I think you will find it is a LOT cheaper learning here on HT. IMHO :)  All though some of us are pretty good at spending YOUR money on tractors/equipment (it's even worst if you give us pictures of the tractors/equipment to look at ;)).

Larry

HaHa! I have done way too much of that expensive learning! I like spending other people's money. It doesn't hurt even a little bit!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hay, baler, john deere, new holland, square, round

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors