Antique Manure Spreader - Old Time Farm Practices & Suggestions - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community

Photo

Antique Manure Spreader

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 olschoolsteel

olschoolsteel

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSouthern Illinois

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

First off I promised to post a picture of my wife under "Antique manure spreader", thats why I got the middle finger. She is soo sensitive about her age :) We don have any farm tractors so everything really gets done manually.

Also, the daughter learned the age old lesson that it doesnt matter how cold it is outside, it still gets hot when you are doing manual labor. It was a little chilly. She wanted some water. I went to the house and got her some, and she took 2 gulps of it. It was half frozen by the time the trailer finally got unloaded.

My manure trailer is parked next to my feed area and it hadnt been emptied since I started feeding hay in Oct. We have to wait till my half swamp pasture is frozen to get wheeled equipment out there and not sink to its axles. My intention is to put this crap and thatch out in the low spots to build it up slowly. Its supposed to rain the rest of the week so we did this just in time.

Fine family fun. Unloading a trailer of frozen cow manure in subfreezing temps. The barn cat loves attention, and its obvious he isnt camera shy. He is usually my only pasture pal when I am out there alone.

Attached Files

• glasswrongsize likes this

#2 stack em up

stack em up

They say you’re a man of vision....

• Members
  • 2862 posts
  • LocationWatonwan County MN

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:33 PM

Awfully chilly to be sleeping in the dog house!
  • DSLinc1017, IHCman, glasswrongsize and 2 others like this

#3 olschoolsteel

olschoolsteel

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSouthern Illinois

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

Its my home away from home :)  But she always finds ways to get back at me. One way or the other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors