What's in your shop? - Page 3 - Shop Talk - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 3

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

What's in your shop?

• Please log in to reply
536 replies to this topic

#41 broadriverhay

broadriverhay

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationJenkinsville , SC

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

Painting the 3 pt hitch hay grapple I built tomorrow. Weather is going to great here for a while.

• BWfarms likes this

#42 Ranger518

Ranger518

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:00 PM

Doing some maintenance on my John deere 336 by replacing a few bearings, ajjusting the plunger, new pick up times, and chains and while I had it apart figured I would go ahead and sand it down a little and give it a new paint job.

Finished painting and custom decals on my John deere 336 baler.

Attached Files

• mlappin, Vol, barnrope and 9 others like this

#43 PaMike

PaMike

Hay Master

• Members
  • 2421 posts
  • LocationLancaster County PA

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:07 PM

Back when we had silos the 70 footers first silo unloader had a lot of big parts and I would go up the outside ladder and hoist the part up with a pulley and then shove the part threw the roof door and the lower the part down to the using  the same rope  and pulley. 

Did you do away with silos Endrow? You go to trench? It seams people either love or hate upright silos...

#44 broadriverhay

broadriverhay

• Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:47 PM

This was in my shop. All done now.

Attached Files

• mnhaygrower, somedevildawg, Circle MC Farms LLC and 3 others like this

#45 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10995 posts
  • LocationNorth Liberty, Northern Indiana

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:03 AM

Wrong shade of green, but its still purty. 

Around here our landlords would want more money as they would think we could afford a new baler therefore must be flush with cash.

• Ranger518 likes this

#46 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 10015 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:09 AM

good job, looks nice, always good to get it out of the shop....maybe we should start a "out of the shop and into the field" thread :)

#47 SCtrailrider

SCtrailrider

• Members
  • 942 posts
  • Locationupstate South Carolina

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:07 AM

Nice work should be handy in a few months...

I'm only 70 miles from you, I might ride down for a meet n greet some time this spring...

#48 broadriverhay

broadriverhay

• Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:53 AM

Looks great Ranger518. Any shade of green is good.

• Ranger518 likes this

#49 broadriverhay

broadriverhay

• Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:56 AM

Sure SCtrailrider. Just do it before April , the Refueling Outage at VC Summer starts then and I will be working 6 days or nights a week for 2 months. Or wait until June and see haymaking in action I hope.

• SCtrailrider likes this

#50 paoutdoorsman

paoutdoorsman

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1350 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:07 AM

Nice job on the 336 Ranger518!

• Ranger518 likes this

#51 JD3430

JD3430

“Not a real farmer” farmer

• Members
  • 10999 posts
  • LocationBANANA REPUBLIC of America

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

Knock, knock, knock....I have my Meyer Spreader parked outside your door.
Dark red, please.
Be back in a week to pick it up.
  • Ranger518 likes this

#52 Ranger518

Ranger518

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

Wrong shade of green, but its still purty. 
Around here our landlords would want more money as they would think we could afford a new baler therefore must be flush with cash.

Yea the pic make the color look a little off it is OEM John Deere AG green from dealer which is the the shade painted on all John deere tractors from like 1990 on. So yea it is still the wrong color it was originally John Deere classic green but figured I would paint it the new color due to all the replacement parts are painted in Ag green now that is also why I painted the pick up green and figured while I was at it I might as well put decals on it that matched the newer balers.
  • somedevildawg likes this

#53 JD3430

JD3430

“Not a real farmer” farmer

• Members
  • 10999 posts
  • LocationBANANA REPUBLIC of America

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

Love the jack with the WHEEL. 

Man I need those on some of my implements!

However, whenever I go to buy one, I always think the wheel is too small or might break on a heavy attachment like a baler or a 15' batwing??

Or sink in soft ground

#54 Ranger518

Ranger518

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:22 PM

Love the jack with the WHEEL. 
Man I need those on some of my implements!
However, whenever I go to buy one, I always think the wheel is too small or might break on a heavy attachment like a baler or a 15' batwing??
Or sink in soft ground

Yea they help out quite a bit when trying to move stuff around my shop without hooking tractor up to it. I just add a universal wheel to my factory jacks seams to be a little stronger that way but still not the best.

Attached Files

• JD3430 likes this

#55 Bgriffin856

Bgriffin856

Amateur Dairyman

• Members
  • 1637 posts
  • LocationNorthwest, PA

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:41 PM

Back when we had silos the 70 footers first silo unloader had a lot of big parts and I would go up the outside ladder and hoist the part up with a pulley and then shove the part threw the roof door and the lower the part down to the using  the same rope  and pulley.

Never had to do that hope I never have to. If its something big either make it work till to the bottom doors or pitch with a silage fork. Always do preventive maintence when they are at the bottom. We did take the blower off the silo-matic we had at the time in the 16ft lowered via rope down the chute about four doors so we could weld a bead on the ends of the paddles cause they were so worn it wouldn't blow the silage. Then hoisted it back up... I really dont miss days like that. Some of the best days were taking out old unloaders and replacing with much better ones

#56 IH 1586

IH 1586

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • LocationNorthwest PA. Warren County.

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:34 AM

Never had to do that hope I never have to. If its something big either make it work till to the bottom doors or pitch with a silage fork. Always do preventive maintence when they are at the bottom. We did take the blower off the silo-matic we had at the time in the 16ft lowered via rope down the chute about four doors so we could weld a bead on the ends of the paddles cause they were so worn it wouldn't blow the silage. Then hoisted it back up... I really dont miss days like that. Some of the best days were taking out old unloaders and replacing with much better ones

Our small silo did not have a permanent unloader. After silo was full we would pull the individual pieces up the shoot and assemble and when empty disassemble. It was only 14 wide so pitching wasn't to bad.

• Bgriffin856 likes this

#57 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10995 posts
  • LocationNorth Liberty, Northern Indiana

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

Yea the pic make the color look a little off it is OEM John Deere AG green from dealer which is the the shade painted on all John deere tractors from like 1990 on. So yea it is still the wrong color it was originally John Deere classic green but figured I would paint it the new color due to all the replacement parts are painted in Ag green now that is also why I painted the pick up green and figured while I was at it I might as well put decals on it that matched the newer balers.

LOL. I was referring to more it’s not Oliver Meadow Green and Clover White ;) 

It’s still a pretty baler though.

• stack em up likes this

#58 PaMike

PaMike

Hay Master

• Members
  • 2421 posts
  • LocationLancaster County PA

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:01 PM

Heres what I have been working on...not too bad looking for a 3700 hr dairy farm machine...ready to go just gotta find a buyer..

Attached Files

• somedevildawg, IH 1586, glasswrongsize and 1 other like this

#59 glasswrongsize

glasswrongsize

Goontard

• Members
  • 1782 posts
  • LocationThe part of IL where 'possum is "the other white meat"

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:06 PM

Heres what I have been working on...not too bad looking for a 3700 hr dairy farm machine...ready to go just gotta find a buyer..

Makes me have dreams of sugar plums; that's second on my wish list. Gonna bust open the piggy bank in the spring and build another barn. If there is enough fat left in the ol' hog, skid steer is next. 

Skip A Rope, Mark

• deadmoose likes this

#60 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 10015 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

A few of the projects this winter......

This is the Perkins engine (1000 series phaser) out of my JCB 520 Tele......seems the water and oil water to intermingle. Thought the problem was with the head, no such luck......it is a common problem on these engines. If you run with little to no glycol, the water will corrode by electrolysis where he two dissimilar metals meet....not s good pic, but as you can see, it had definately been run with just water, probably creek water :o had to remove engine to do necessary repairs. Back in the machine now and performing excellent. Went ahead and replaced water pump while we were there....love this little machine

Those timing marks are courtesy of my daughters fingernail polish :o. She wasn't happy

Attached Files

• DSLinc1017 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors