What's in your shop?
Posted 23 January 2021 - 10:11 PM
- CowboyRam likes this
Posted 24 January 2021 - 06:49 PM
Took the remote valves off the dead 1066 had them rebuilt and put them on the 856 so we can use it on the discbine. Also replaced the spindles, steering arms,wheel bearings and the pivot pin on the front axle.
IMG_20200529_153955595.jpg 282.14KB 0 downloads
Even put a new tach in it as well. Old one quit with 9200 something hours Sept 2010 installed the new one June 20th and has 183 hours on it. Probably will easily have 200+ by June 20th. Do the math over those ten years it definitely gets it's use
IMG_20200620_163701476.jpg 213.88KB 0 downloads
July fourth weekend had majority of the last of the first cutting down and the water pump went in the 7405. Took about two weeks to get it back in action between hay and chopping oats and everything else going on
IMG_20200708_183550919.jpg 289.52KB 0 downloads
Had to change the belts on the one silo unloader luckily it was on like the only cool day we had all summer
IMG_20200803_171036372.jpg 353.25KB 0 downloads
Planned for a big day chopping corn made it five loads... Atleast Deere made them easy to replace the feedroll bearing. They do make them greaseable now
IMG_20200926_201131294.jpg 196.22KB 0 downloads
IMG_20200928_114638632.jpg 214.51KB 0 downloads
- somedevildawg, IH 1586, r82230 and 1 other like this
Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:52 PM
20210121_194319.jpg 202.03KB 0 downloads
20210123_173904.jpg 176.5KB 0 downloads
Last week it was rebuilding the A-frame on the snow plow.
44850.jpeg 252.36KB 0 downloads
44887.jpeg 237.99KB 0 downloads
Have a loader tractor of mine that needs a clutch. Then a clutch replacement, and an engine rebuild for a customer.
- somedevildawg, Bgriffin856, r82230 and 2 others like this
Posted 27 January 2021 - 07:55 PM
We just got the Oliver 1800A out of the shop last week. Bought it on BigIron out of Minnesota for a Christmas gift to my father. It arrived and that's when I found out the steering cylinder was shot and needed a rebuild, and the radiator was JB Weld'ed badly. It still needs some little odds and ends done, but it's at least together.
The Deere 530 we bought last fall is in the shop, due to me being a moron who broke it. Hopefully that's not in too long. Once that's done, we'll bring the old New Holland 276 in for some odds and ends if the weather stays nice. For it's age, that baler has been a heck of a nice, trouble-free machine
Posted 10 February 2021 - 08:02 PM
Remodeled the kitchen in my shop. French clear walls and concrete countertops.
What's cooking? I might be right over. Now you got me a thinkin', what I could add to my hay shed. Na, I like my better half's cooking, if you could see my size you'd agree. I was a rack of bones, when we got hitched, now she's got me looking like a 4H steer.
- somedevildawg and broadriverhay like this
Posted 10 February 2021 - 10:06 PM
Posted 10 February 2021 - 11:19 PM
Worked some more on getting the generator done, finished the Delco 15.50 to SAE #10 adapter that Hayes was talking $1400-1900 for.
A couple of cutouts from the welding shop in town took care of it. Tired old $300 lathe ended up with only .0015 runout when I was done.
I have plenty of swing but chuck is too small, so chucked a drive flange out of a tractor and bolted the smaller 3/8” cutout to that, drilled a 11/16” hole in the center then used a baby boring bar to take it out to exactly .750 which is a tight fit for the generator adapter that was sent with it. Placed the drive discs over the cutout then inserted the adapter and marked then transferred the holes from the drive disc to the plate. Drilled em out to 5/16” and used bolts to fasten spacers in place, welded them then drilled out to 3/8”. had to do that as any 3/8” ID spacers I had were over size. Used the completed plate to transfer the holes to the 16” OD plate. Drilled em then tapped to 3/8-16. Before bolting the large disc to the smaller, I faced the spacers to take care of any runout there. Cut the ID out reasonably close with the circle cutter on the plasma cutter.
Turned the OD down to 15.505 then a slight relief cut so the discs centered in the bore rather than by the bolts. Everything has just a snug enough fir it can be pressed together using ones thumbs but don’t fall out on their own when carrying the assembly.
30kw generator project by Marty Lappin, on Flickr
- Ox76 likes this
Posted 10 February 2021 - 11:28 PM
Posted 13 February 2021 - 10:28 AM
the right side brake loves to stick and jerk me sideways while driving. Need to get that figured out.
There are ramps and rollers on the brake assembly, the ramps get little ledges worn into them, causing the rollers to stick. Replace the roller balls, sand the ramps smooth and replace the springs. And replace the brake pads.
Posted 13 February 2021 - 07:42 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users