What's in your shop? - Page 25 - Shop Talk - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 25

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

What's in your shop?

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

#481 paoutdoorsman

paoutdoorsman

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1236 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 28 June 2020 - 09:12 PM

Hope they can get you parts quickly so you can get back up and going cowboy.

• CowboyRam likes this

#482 CowboyRam

CowboyRam

An ounce of doing is worth a pound of talk

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationRiverton, WY

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:30 PM

Hope they can get you parts quickly so you can get back up and going cowboy.

I decided to just order the parts and do it myself.  I took the head over to a neighbor who is a mechanic and had him take off the gears, as I don't have any tools to remove them.  I am hoping to have the parts by Thursday.  The trick is going to be if I my feeble little brain can remember how to put the dang thing back together.  If all goes well maybe I will have it back together by the 4th.  Unfortunately that hay has already got rained a couple times, but luckily we have not really got much. 

• somedevildawg likes this

#483 paoutdoorsman

paoutdoorsman

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1236 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:13 PM

I decided to just order the parts and do it myself.  I took the head over to a neighbor who is a mechanic and had him take off the gears, as I don't have any tools to remove them.  I am hoping to have the parts by Thursday.  The trick is going to be if I my feeble little brain can remember how to put the dang thing back together.  If all goes well maybe I will have it back together by the 4th.  Unfortunately that hay has already got rained a couple times, but luckily we have not really got much. 

I'm sure you'll be just fine getting it back together.

• CowboyRam likes this

#484 r82230

r82230

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3245 posts
  • LocationThumb of Michigan

Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:54 PM

I'm sure you'll be just fine getting it back together.

And if he is anything like me, should have a part or two left-over (hopefully just washers :cool:).

Larry

• somedevildawg and CowboyRam like this

#485 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9357 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:14 PM

One thing I like about always having a smart phone around, it always has a smart camera....so I document everything I take apart for future reference as I just don’t trust my ability to stay....well, focused :D
  • CowboyRam and r82230 like this

#486 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 9357 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:16 PM

[quote name="CowboyRam" post="995682" timestamp="1593383169"]Broke down with the baler, so I pulled the baler in the shop, will kinda, as much of it as I could get in there. At least I was on the concrete. Pulled the pickup head off it; I don't have the tools to take off the gear off so that I can pull the thing apart. Going to take the head down the krone dealer tomorrow. Would like to see it get fixed as soon as possible, I still have 40 acres needs to be baled.]

Any idea as to what cause such a catastrophic failure?

#487 CowboyRam

CowboyRam

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationRiverton, WY

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:47 PM

[quote name="CowboyRam" post="995682" timestamp="1593383169"]Broke down with the baler, so I pulled the baler in the shop, will kinda, as much of it as I could get in there. At least I was on the concrete. Pulled the pickup head off it; I don't have the tools to take off the gear off so that I can pull the thing apart. Going to take the head down the krone dealer tomorrow. Would like to see it get fixed as soon as possible, I still have 40 acres needs to be baled.]

Any idea as to what cause such a catastrophic failure?

I am not really sure, but I did find the spring part of a pickup tooth.  It fill out when I dropped the head down.  I am thinking that it got lodged in there.  

• somedevildawg likes this

#488 Gearclash

Gearclash

Hay Master (Supposedly)

• Members
  • 3155 posts
  • LocationSioux County, NWIA

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:13 AM

Another stalk roller completed. Used an IH Cyclo toolbar this time.
Attached File  0D4F1190-87FE-4266-BBE7-B1DD5A0854A8.jpeg   186.52KB   0 downloadsAttached File  822E92A2-F0A3-4154-875F-C530C403CA76.jpeg   246.98KB   0 downloads
  • swmnhay, stack em up, IH 1586 and 1 other like this

#489 CowboyRam

CowboyRam

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationRiverton, WY

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:47 PM

Finally, got my baler back together, took us two days.  Now I can bale my hay that has been sitting sense Wednesday of last week; the alfalfa is starting to grow thru the windrows.  I did pull a bonehead move though, I decided to run it for a bit, started it up, looked back and sparks; the pickup teeth were hitting the concrete as the back of the baler was lower.  I could only get part of the baler in the shop.  It felt good to have a beer after a job well done. 

Attached File  KIMG0181.JPG   114.4KB   0 downloads

one of the parts I took off.  There was not much of the baring plate.

Attached File  KIMG0178.JPG   197.3KB   0 downloads

• Vol and somedevildawg like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors