Have you ever bought a part online? How did it turn out? - Page 2 - Machinery - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 2

Photo
- - - - -

Have you ever bought a part online? How did it turn out?

poll machinery parts hay

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 JMT

JMT

• Members
  • 529 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:52 PM

A couple times I looked up the part number on JDParts online then called the dealer and gave them the part number and ended up with a whole set instead of just one. Guess I got the kit # instead of the part #. The JDParts online also has some screwy names for locating some equipment.

Is there an online lookup for Massey Ferguson parts?
  • lcjaynes likes this

#22 IH 1586

IH 1586

Hay Master

• Members
  • 2006 posts
  • LocationNorthwest PA. Warren County.

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:26 AM

A couple times I looked up the part number on JDParts online then called the dealer and gave them the part number and ended up with a whole set instead of just one. Guess I got the kit # instead of the part #. The JDParts online also has some screwy names for locating some equipment.

Is there an online lookup for Massey Ferguson parts?

I've done that. Ordered bearings for roller in baler and they cost $600 but needed them so ordered them. Come to find out it was the whole roller assy. In the end it worked out as the old roller needs to be machined to put new bearings in it. Ran it a little to long.

On a different note who is tired of having to buy the whole package of parts instead of what you need?  

• Chessiedog, somedevildawg and lcjaynes like this

#23 BrangusFeeder

BrangusFeeder

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Texas

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:44 PM

I toured the Katz place in Texas that sells parts and it was all somewhat organized on their huge lot and identified. Seems it would be good for if you need a door for a tractor, but not a hay ring. In tact things were not much cheaper than retail, certainly not cheaper with shipping.

I ordered headlights for my truck off eBay and that went really well. A lot easier than wasting time trying to go to a junk yard and a lot lot less than retail.

I tried calling local case dealers and they never even call me back. So for me i think I'll shop online.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poll, machinery, parts, hay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors